Hepatitis C Community

My Liver Biopsy Fibrosure Hepascore Results

Well, I have had all three over a six week period and here are the numbers

Hepascore    0.64  F2-F4  

Fibrosure   0.84 F-4-Cirrhosis    Necroinflammatory Activity grade 0.56  A2 moderate activity  

Biopsy    F2   mild fibrosis no evidence of bridging  (dont have the report in hand to read)    I'll take the biopsy...  

I don't know about the hepascore or the fibrosure, but I do know the Biopsy part. There are usually 2 numbers there, one for fibrosis and the other for inflammation. On the report it would be listed as Grade & Stage. The numbers range from 0 to 4, so the one number you do give is right in the middle. Do you know your genotype? That's an important detail because it will tell you the chances that treatment will be successful and the duration. For example mine was 1a and I had to do it for 48 weeks.

Diane
Unfortunately none of these tesst by themselves are particularly great. But they are the only tests we have. Also, there is a 30% sampling error with biopsies. And unless you had the biopsy at an academic center, they often are not staged or graded. Mine wasn't. At any rate, all of your scores look like you should be treated. Your doctor should be explaining the differences in these tests to you.
Yes, I start treatment in a couple of weeks with the Telaprevir dosing study.  Hopefully I'll only have to do 24 weeks!  I am 1A and ILB28 CT    
what does it mean when results are hepascore 1.000 ,metavir is f2-f4 , Geno type is 1a
Best of luck with tx!