A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.3k Members

NEW - HEPATITIS COMMUNITY FORUM

Dear Friends,

Sometime today, we are going to open a new HEPATITIS COMMUNITY FORUM!  The Hepatitis Community Forum will be the place to communicate and share support with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis.

The HEPATITIS FORUM (this forum) will now become the place to post medical questions and comments pertaining to hepatitis information and research ONLY.  

Please give the new forum a chance to get up and running and then send us your comments and suggestions regarding the changes!  Thanks for your patience and continued support!!

Happy Friday!

Cindy Thompson
Med Help International
46 Responses
137025 tn?1217768341
""comments pertaining to hepatitis information"""

Medhelp,

I carry this virus that has affected every part of my life, from relationships with my family and husband, to my ability to keep a job to my sense of humor and fair play.  Pleases define "comments pertaining to hepatitis information" for me.  I am ready to give it a fair chance, but would like to know the rules.

Willow
The Hepatitis Community Forum (see top of this page for link) is for sharing support and non-medically related discussions/conversation.

This forum (Hepatitis) is for posting MEDICAL QUESTIONS, the LATEST RESEARCH INFORMATION and MEDICALLY RELATED HEPATITIS DISCUSSIONS ONLY.

Hopefully I've explained the difference.  If not, please let me know.

Cindy Thompson
Med Help International

137025 tn?1217768341
After carrying the virus for 30 years and going thru IFN tx, I have bad brain fog (empirically determined, not medically proven) but I am still NOT sure I understand the difference between the two forums.  It does not matter, the effect to separate the two has "chilled" my feelings about speaking out here.  When I find the latest research and want to share it strickly for support, I will be very confused about where to go.  And fearful I have chosen the wrong place.  

Good luck on the endeavor, I will continue to do as I always have, use my best judgement.  But as I am human, I am sometimes guilty of being unable to find my best judgement, when I have news that elates me, or I discover facts that crush me.  So as with everything related to the virus, I can learn to "tread lightly."  Just wish I didn't have to.

Willows

I think that will ruin the forum to try to split it up into only research vs all other HCV related issues. There is no way new people will comprehend it, they will just become more confused. I dont understand why that was done nor do I think it will benefit anyone. This seems like a bad idea to me.

131817 tn?1209532911
I totally agree with Willows and Kalio.

If we post a study/research on this board, does that mean we have to go to the other board to discuss our personal issues with it?  In this forum we typically interwine the personal and research. Why is this going to change? I think it won
172023 tn?1334675884
Perhaps they're making one pay, and the other free??? (Just wild speculation)

I don't understand it, either.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.