Hepatitis C Community

Natural Treatment

Has anyone done some natural treatment, and what are the results. Also, has anyone tried ESSIAC, IP6 or LIV 52. Please, let me know. Thank you in advance.
I don't think anyone here will defend the use of "natural" alternatives.  there is no proof that they kill the virus or cure the damage.
If you click on "members" above and go to Gauf's profile, he has a list called HR's liver loving supplements.  They were given to us by a brilliant hepatologist who does heavy duty research in hepatitis.  My husband is a nonresponder with cirrhosis and his supplements made a big difference.  You have to take them for a while before the benefits really start to show. After 8 months of taking them, my husband felt better than he had for several years and his labs also showed improvement which is not expected when you have cirrhosis.  He has currently had to stop taking them because he is trying retreatment but will get back on them immediately afterwards.
Best wishes,
Ev
I should have explained that these will not get rid of the virus but if you are not a responder to the available treatment or for some reason you can't get treatment, they will help your liver weather the assault caused by the virus.
Not a cure but might help you survive and feel better until you get one.