Hepatitis C Community

Nose dripping

HI All
I know this sounds like a silly question but it seems since I started with the Ribavirun - I'm on 1600 mg a day my nose is dripping, raw inside, blowing it a lot - I don't know if I have a cold, an allergy or a sx.  My lips are also cracked on the side - so drinking tons of fluids but looking for a concensus if I have a cold or sx.  Sounds strange but Not really sure.  Thanks Kyle
Nope Kyle,,,you are totally normal for being on tx.  My nose also ran alot and would drive me crazy!  For cracked lips,,,I use to put on carmex and would help.  Sounds crazy,,,the nose is running but the lips are cracked lol  But that is exactly what the meds do and all you do is try different things to relieve the symptoms to get through your tx.  Good Luck!
Hi there, I know excactly what you mean. That is the thing I hated worst on last treatment. It is like your sinus is always full. You will get use to it. I had forgetten but mine is back too. ALSO i HAVE HAD A REALLY BAD SORE THROAT AT NIGHT. MY GLANDS SWELL SO MUCH I CAN'T HARDLY SWALLOW, BUT DURING THE DAY IT GOES AWAY. I THINK IT IS DRANGE FROM THE SINUS WHEN WE LAY DOWN AT NIGHT. HOPE IT GETS BETTER. HANG IN THERE, DEBI
Again - this forum takes so much worry and concern away - you don't ever have to feel by yourself - it's a good feeling. thank you.  Had shot 3 last night  - didn't have too bad a night - a little tired but each week seems to be better.  The sx like the nose - mouth - some nausea - aches etc - but from listening here - it could be a whole lot worse so I'm counting my blessings and hoping for the best for everyone else.