A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.3k Members

Nose dripping

HI All
I know this sounds like a silly question but it seems since I started with the Ribavirun - I'm on 1600 mg a day my nose is dripping, raw inside, blowing it a lot - I don't know if I have a cold, an allergy or a sx.  My lips are also cracked on the side - so drinking tons of fluids but looking for a concensus if I have a cold or sx.  Sounds strange but Not really sure.  Thanks Kyle
3 Responses
Nope Kyle,,,you are totally normal for being on tx.  My nose also ran alot and would drive me crazy!  For cracked lips,,,I use to put on carmex and would help.  Sounds crazy,,,the nose is running but the lips are cracked lol  But that is exactly what the meds do and all you do is try different things to relieve the symptoms to get through your tx.  Good Luck!
91778 tn?1252558770
Hi there, I know excactly what you mean. That is the thing I hated worst on last treatment. It is like your sinus is always full. You will get use to it. I had forgetten but mine is back too. ALSO i HAVE HAD A REALLY BAD SORE THROAT AT NIGHT. MY GLANDS SWELL SO MUCH I CAN'T HARDLY SWALLOW, BUT DURING THE DAY IT GOES AWAY. I THINK IT IS DRANGE FROM THE SINUS WHEN WE LAY DOWN AT NIGHT. HOPE IT GETS BETTER. HANG IN THERE, DEBI
Again - this forum takes so much worry and concern away - you don't ever have to feel by yourself - it's a good feeling. thank you.  Had shot 3 last night  - didn't have too bad a night - a little tired but each week seems to be better.  The sx like the nose - mouth - some nausea - aches etc - but from listening here - it could be a whole lot worse so I'm counting my blessings and hoping for the best for everyone else.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.