Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

OTC drugs vs prescription intervention

I know we have had many many discussions about OTC meds, which are better, etc.  What I would like opinions on is the balance between OTC and the "right" prescription interventions..

I am going to talk to Dr. about ADs or pain meds, but not sure what to tell him I want.  After 7 months of tx (shot 34 down, 26 to go) he pretty much just does what I want him too, (OK, maybe being a pushy broad has it advantages..) Not sure what is the correct approach, I don't think I am depressed, I just get "wired" feeling, hyped up like, and irritable...ok, maybe more than a little.  I just called a fly a b@st@rd and told him he had to die.  And again, I ache so much I can't sleep, so the question  (((oooooohhhhh, swatting him on the back of my hand was both painful and gross....but the b****** is dead, and I'm lookin for his momma!!!)...is the balance between prescription drugs and OTC meds.  I can't imagine one or two pills specifically targeting symptoms can be worse than 9-14 ibuprofen a day??????  Will an AD help with the hyper feeling?  If I don't feel that way all the time, do I want to medicate?  It seems like I am like an ADD child, I am fine, but get hyped up at the drop of a hat...So do I need a sleep aid, or a pain medication?  Somehow, I know I am not the only one with these symptoms...

BTW waiting on procrit approval, HBG down to 10.6 from 11.6 two weeks ago..
36 Responses
jus tfound this article on 48 weeks vs 72 weeks.

hope you can understand it.
bobby

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=16618403&dopt=Abstract
the only fun i had during tx was lying in wait and pouncing on them little buggers. it was safer than doing that to my spouse.

hgb 10.7 after 34 weeks is great. i am suprised it took so long to drop. if i could get by without procrit i would as the sides are bad. it can make the dif tween stop or go.
luck
bobby
ANGEL FISHIE DOC!!!!! GET YOUR BOOTIE UP TO THAT E.R.!!!!!! I can't believe you aren't there yet!! Any chest pain is an emergency!!! (Even a tingly finger gets in before a broken arm! Let alone chest pain!! Thats some serious sh*t my dear!)

I agree with the comparison between 9-14 ibuprofen and a simple pain med...gee whiz. I'm surprised you haven't got some already.

DIDJA GET HIMS MAMA YET?????? (hee hee hee) Don't hurt yurself this time tho!!!
oooops...lol...I replied to the message you left in the Tired place on here too...so have you left for the E.R. yet??? ah hem?
92903 tn?1309908311
If you're having trouble sleeping, it's a no-brainer to me that you should go after that. I'm a fan of the ambian. Others prefer lunesta. AS for raceyness, well maybe ya want to ge a fuller coverage bikini and consider something more supportinve when you do the morning jumping jacks. Har-dee-har. Actually, we're it me, rather than a blanket AD, I'd try low dose ativan or vallium for the specific events. And sure, go for a pain med to. I had Ultram prescribed... but never ended up taking it.

As an aside, didn't you mention you had a girlfriend who had to take ADs for an obsessive habit of a self gratifying nature? Sounds like the ADs replaced what we she was gettin' from the diddling, if you ask me. Not too much of a stretch, if you'll forgive the pun, that a daily visit to the man in the boat might burn off that nervous energy that's got you a twitchin'.
Goofers.... my sweetie is 58, and works long hours....most times he is just not "up" for another chore.....I'm going to put together a list, the pain med, I have not heard of it, whats that about??

Mekeela...I posted to you on tired site too...his momma is a red n black spot on my monitor now...they are going nuts out here!!!

Bobby-the HBG is both bad news and good news... i posted several months ago (fishdocs consult in archives) where I failed to meet the 2 log drop, went to a ribavarin expert and he upped me to 8 a day....with the lack of HBG drop cluing him in that I metabolize drugs too well...my HBG was still at like 13.5 after 3 months...I think he still thought my HBG would plummet after upping the riba..but it hasn't.  I am 10 weeks past undect at 24 weeks...
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.