Hepatitis C Community

Off Label Question

Hi was talking with my doctor about off label  for example common knowledge sofosbuvir and daclatasvir worked great in its study of 41 patients teleprevir peg ribavirin  failures . My doctor says in Australia to go off label when these are available will cost about $ 100 000 , seems a lot of money ? , wonder if some people will go down that way if insurances and health care system will not pay which they probably wont .

My question is you have medicines now under fda approval simprevir and sofusbuvir , in a study of 80 null responders with f1 or f2 fibrosis 90 % SVR24 , now they are testing another 90 null responder patients who have f3 or f4 fibrosis .
Lets look down the road and say they work just as good with around 90 % SVR24 , and they are both available by end of this year , seems like a big tease to me , what is the point with these test ?  if they will not offer them as a combo and will not be covered ? I mean there could be a cure for most people end of year and you will not able to take them and instead wait for the gilead and abbvie combos which may or may not be better and some people may or may not get worse waiting.
At this point let's just hope that the approval goes without a hitch and all these new options will be available at the end of the year. Right now just too many "what ifs" and unknowns. My attitude is to cross this bridge when I will get there. And try to slow damage from hepC as much as I can.