Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

Olysio & Sovaldi

Hello all, I am starting the Olysio and Sovaldi treatment tomorrow for my Hep C. Anyone have any info on it what to expect as I hear there are few sides. What are you eating when you take Olysio as it needs to taken with food.'I am so stoked about the treatment and can't wait until my box gets here tomorrow. I will start as soon as I rip it open!! 40 years and ready to move on.
Look forward to getting to know everyone and learning from you all

thanks
jenne
64 Responses
I take them with my first meal of the day, usually around 11-12. Sides are nausea, insomnia and headache although I have headaches without the two pills. I just got my 4 week results back as UND so at least I know what I am doing is working. Good luck with starting treatment. You will start to feel better before you know it.
Been on these meds about 7 wks now.  No real problem with sides.  Minor joint aches first couple of weeks, slt nausea first couple days, some increased gas but that's about it. Take meds following breakfast which is usually cereal/banana.  Best of luck to you.  May we both reach SVR.
475555 tn?1469307939
Can you tell me, please, how you were able to get a prescription for both Sovaldi and Olysio, and most importantly how you got coverage for them?

Thanks!

Mike
HI Jene
On my 9th day of Sovaldi and Olysi and as far as side effects-nothing,nada,zilch!  I have not experienced anything at all.Still have my taste buds,my sense of humor,been going to the gym so no lack of energy.No problems at work,not even a headache-just take them with food and stay hydrated for smooth sailing-this sure beats the heck out of all the poison we had to endure before this-don't miss that anemia at all.
                                  Good Luck    Glen
Hi Jen, hope this goes well for you.  I just started my treatment two days ago.  Have headaches, insomnia and a bit more joint pain.  You may not even experience this.  Being different individuals, the side effects will also differ.  I pray for you, and all with this pernicious disease that we reach SVR.   Be Thankful for every morning.  
Hi Jen,

I'm getting my box tomorrow too.  I can't wait to start.  From everyone's replies and what I've read, it is way better than the 48 weeks of interferon/ribavirin I did 3 yrs ago.  

sljl
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.