Hepatitis C Community

Olysio & Sovaldi

Hello all, I am starting the Olysio and Sovaldi treatment tomorrow for my Hep C. Anyone have any info on it what to expect as I hear there are few sides. What are you eating when you take Olysio as it needs to taken with food.'I am so stoked about the treatment and can't wait until my box gets here tomorrow. I will start as soon as I rip it open!! 40 years and ready to move on.
Look forward to getting to know everyone and learning from you all

thanks
jenne
I take them with my first meal of the day, usually around 11-12. Sides are nausea, insomnia and headache although I have headaches without the two pills. I just got my 4 week results back as UND so at least I know what I am doing is working. Good luck with starting treatment. You will start to feel better before you know it.
Been on these meds about 7 wks now.  No real problem with sides.  Minor joint aches first couple of weeks, slt nausea first couple days, some increased gas but that's about it. Take meds following breakfast which is usually cereal/banana.  Best of luck to you.  May we both reach SVR.
Can you tell me, please, how you were able to get a prescription for both Sovaldi and Olysio, and most importantly how you got coverage for them?

Thanks!

Mike
HI Jene
On my 9th day of Sovaldi and Olysi and as far as side effects-nothing,nada,zilch!  I have not experienced anything at all.Still have my taste buds,my sense of humor,been going to the gym so no lack of energy.No problems at work,not even a headache-just take them with food and stay hydrated for smooth sailing-this sure beats the heck out of all the poison we had to endure before this-don't miss that anemia at all.
                                  Good Luck    Glen
Hi Jen, hope this goes well for you.  I just started my treatment two days ago.  Have headaches, insomnia and a bit more joint pain.  You may not even experience this.  Being different individuals, the side effects will also differ.  I pray for you, and all with this pernicious disease that we reach SVR.   Be Thankful for every morning.  
Hi Jen,

I'm getting my box tomorrow too.  I can't wait to start.  From everyone's replies and what I've read, it is way better than the 48 weeks of interferon/ribavirin I did 3 yrs ago.  

sljl