Hepatitis C Community

PCR Positive Abnormal

What does it mean if a viral load test results are positive abnormal?
I know the positive part but what's the abnormal mean?
I believe this is a way of saying undetected is 'normal range'. if there's a different meaning I'd be interested in hearing it.
I have no idea, Hawke, but I pray it's a good thing.  Let us know.

wyntre
The report says specimens that are detected are reported as"Positive". Specimens in which no HCV RnA is detected are reported"Not Detected."  
So, the question is why Positive Abnormal?

Wyn: I will let you guys know once I find out.
I'm pretty sure a positive HCV RNA test is called "abnormal" simply to indicate that it's abnormal for a healthy person to test positive. If you were negative for HCV RNA, the test would come back "normal" indicating that everything's ok. I suspect "abnormal" is just a quick way to tell a doctor (who may not be a GI or hepatologist) that something's not right, and the thing that's not right is the presence of the HCV virus.
Concur with meet - postitive result - and the lab gives a helpful Abnormal for them that need the help. Assume this is was yours OH. I am very sorry.
Just keep breathing, okay?   Can't help but think of your most beautiful poem you sent me.   Earthquake alright.  S'pose somehow you knew didn't you?  Just read it again and yup, you knew.  
Sleep sweet Orphanedhawk.  It's just another battle.  And you know battle, don't you.