Hepatitis C Community

PCR Quantative RNA viral load is 1781 IU/ml

PCR Quantative RNA viral load is 1781 IU/ml , plz tell me about my condition.
It means you 1781 International Units per milliliter of blood. It is your HCV viral load. It is very low.

Do you know how long you have had HCV? What genotype are you?
Thanks A lot for your reply.
I have HCV since last 3 years and using a herbal medicine. This PCR was quantitative ..should I go for PCR qualitative test to check negative or positive ? Please advise. Again Thanks.
"This PCR was quantitative ..should I go for PCR qualitative test to check negative or positive ?"

You dont need a qualitative test at this point because it has already been confirmed that you have an active HCV infection through the quantitative test. HCV is confirmed via qualitative or quantitative testing after one tests positive for HCV antibodies. At this point Id suggest getting tested to find out what genotype you have. Additionally, herbal treatments will not cure you of the virus. You will have to go on antiviral therapy for that. Being as you have only been infected for 3 years, its probably safe to say that you can wait for the new medications in the pipeline to come out.

The qualitative test detects the presence or absence of HCV RNA and is reported as either detected (positive) or not detected (negative). This is useful in a patient who has a positive RIBA test to confirm active infection.

The quantitative test measures (using PCR) the number of copies of HCV RNA (the genetic material for HCV) in the blood, also known as the "viral load." This number is used to monitor a patient's response to treatment for HCV. For example, doctors will measure your viral load before and during treatment and compare the results. You want to have a significant decrease in viral load (specifically a "2 log" decrease) by the first 12 weeks of treatment. A decrease less than this may mean you're not responding to therapy.

http://hepatitis.about.com/od/diagnosis/f/HCVRNATest.htm
My viral load was 95000 last year and with treatment of herbal viral load is 1781 , Thanks to Allah woh has given me such improvements...

So please tell me how much viral load will be treated as negative.  ? and what is basic difference between qualitative and quantitative with regard of disease recognition.

thanks for your answers.