Hepatitis C Community

PEG-Intron system - Denied for prescription assistance

Hi all -
I have been trying to get my treatment started for over 2 months now.  I applied through Schering - Plough, who is apparently affiliated with Merck.  The doctor completed his portion and I received a letter today from the manufacturer that this is not one of the drugs they offer on the Patient Assistance Program.  Has anyone else received assistance with getting this type of medication?  What was the process that you used to obtain assistance?  
I am not certain but I believe the CDC can help you find an assistance program and
I read a post a few months back on another forum that their Pharmacy-I don't know the name but it is Nation wide can direct you to a source.  Hope this helps.  Have you communicated this back to your physician?  Best of luck, wish I had more to help you with-maybe some member will be able to help you more. God Bless
.  
I have Blue Cross/ Blue Sheild ins. My dr. took care of everyting. The pharmacy called and told me I would pay 80$ a month. That is not much. I don't know why some ins covers and not others don't. The pharm had me write a letter saying thats all I could pay.I had never heard of that. They just needed it on file for some reason,
God Luck