Hepatitis C Community

PSI 7977 / Brazil

Hi friends. Go back now from my doctor's office and he enrolled in a clinical trial with PSI 7977 . It remains to wait for the green light from authorities in the sector in Brazil, that the studies are done here. Three arms are tested, with a new drug, ribavirin and pegy infe of 24 weeks, the other arm with riba and peg INF, 24 weeks and arm 03 , riba with PSI 7977, 12 weeks. the prediction that the trial take place in mid-June / July. It is expected that the test in Brazil and worldwide, with 600 naive patients. I hope that the brazilian bureaucracy does not disturb the hope ...
hug
to
Sounds promising, are clinical trials new to Brazil?
yes... for naives with gen 03... I have gen 03 F3...
Liavera - I hope you can do this trial.  I am on week 19 of PSI-7977, peg and riba for 24 weeks and it has not been that bad compared to others.  I was undetected after the first week and that is typical for this drug.  Also, there are others on this forum that are on PSI-7977 (and a BMS drug) without peg and riba and they are doing well.  We will soon see about SVR but so far so good.
Good to see your post. I hope it works out for you.