Hepatitis C Community

PSI 7977-genotype 6 trial... anyone?

Hi, I 'd like to know if anyone in this trial.  Is there any good/bad result?  It is a dosing of PSI7977 + Ribba + Interferon for 24 weeks.   Anyone participate?

W.
There is someone on another list who did these drugs for another genotype.  As I recall, she cleared the virus but has not resolved the side effects from interferon.
Her handle is ipaqgps and she is on hcvsupport.org
Thanks.  She has genotype 3a.  This trial runs for genotype 1, 3, 4, 6 and indertermine.
It's your call.  I think Ipaq can give you a heads up as to what it will be like being in that trial since essentially the same drugs will be used.  As far as results are concerned relative to the genotype, you may want to check the new research to see what is being reported.  
I just started in a trial called Atomic.  I am in Arm C - 12 Weeks of PSI-7977 plus pegylated interferon and ribavirin, then assigned to receive an additional 12 Weeks of therapy of either PSI-7977 only or PSI-7977 plus ribavirin
thanks for info.  Do you have genotype 6?
Hello Worry,  As you may already know genotype 6 is unusual in the US population and most of the people on this forum are from US.  It is very common in SE Asia.  Here is more information about it.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2036.2011.04714.x/pdf

This article also explains a little about mistaking GT 1 for GT 6.  

Drug companies are trying to discover a drug or drugs which can help all genotypes and not just one or two and that is why they are doing this research on your genotype or so I am told.  It is not in their best interest to find one drug for one GT and another for another GT.  I hope this helps.
Thank you so much for the link, it is very interesting to read....