Hepatitis C Community

Pegasys or Pegintron?

I just discovered this forum (thank you Googls!) and look forward to the collective knowledge/experience of its members in helping me going through with the therapy. My doctor prescribed Pegintron with Rebetol, but I wonder if anybody knows of a comparison in results with Pegasys/Copegas. Thanks in advance for any input.
Daria2
Welcome to the board!
You will find lots of valuable info and knowledgable people. I believe this question was discussed pretty recently, Dec 12.
You may want to take a <a href="http://www.medhelp.org/forums/hepatitis/messages/C35767-34.html">look</a>;
Howdy, welcome!  Glad you found us.  We are a helpful group and always have someone willing to answer questions.  The rules you need to be aware of are 1) we only get about 5-6 threads a day, so when you post/ask a question that's one thread.  So we appreciate it if you have several ?'s to put them all under the first thread you started.  The threads can be used by more than one person asking questions.  You will find some that go on and on!  Anyways, rule #2) have fun, be kind, make new friends, and use this forum for Hep C related matters & support. usually. And we arent Doctors here, just folks with Hep C sharing our tales, with lotsa hands-on, been-there-done-that knowledge.
There are other sites too that have a lotta questions answered such as  www.janis7hepc.com
Cheers, OHC
To date there have been no head to head comparison studies between the 2. The stats put out by the individual studies show a SLIGHT edge to Pegasys for type 1's....but not enough to make them all that different.
The real difference comes in the side effects catagory. Doctors and studies show no difference but we patients report a BIG difference with the winner being Pegasys. Those who have done both meds almost all report the same thing.
If I were starting nowadays and given the choice I would choose the Pegasys.
Who made up the rules? Why do you have to call them rules? I thought oldhippies rebel against rules!!!!!
If old hippies like us had made up better rules back in the 60's we wouldn't be on this forum today.

If some countries had made up better rules years ago we wouldn't have had to drag an old rat out of a hole yesterday.

Bill

welcome aboard daria. I don't think that the resultss are that different. From what I hear the big difference is in the amount and severity of side effects. If I had to do the tx again I would try teh pegasys. I took the peg intron and the sides were horendous, so if I had to go through another 57 weeks I would try the pegasys out of self defence.