Hepatitis C Community

Pegylated Interferon

Why do the "fact sheets" for pegylated Interferon warn:   DO NOT STOP THIS MEDICINE WITHOUT CONTACTING YOUR DOCTOR?  Whaat will happen?

I figure: The virus will be back!
zazza pretty much hit it on the head.

The repercussions are that you won't clear the virus. That it will continue to damage your liver.

That is not a good thing.

However - side effects are bad - so some people get off of it at the first side effect.

Think of it like chemotherapy of the traditional sense (it is chemo - but just not radiation ---- but it is just as bad.)

Thanks for responding to my question back in July about stopping HCV treatment.  Things got pretty complicated and I am just now responding to you.   I posted another question today which gives a little more detail as to why I asked in the first place.  
I  just wanted to give a little hope out to you all.  My mom had Hep C 1a and indured the tx for one year, what a trooper.  She just had her 1 year check up and it still is clear.  I myself am a 34 year old single mom with a 3 year old and a 9 year old.  I also have hep C and am in stage 2.  My doc. wants me to go on Tx.  I have been trying to do a vit. regimun and have doing so for a little over a month.  I just had my blood taken so I will see if my levels have gone down any. Thanks for listening

momnboyz
You're very welcome.

Momnboyz - well - good luck - and since you know what your mother went through - you have a glimmering idea of what could possibly be your side effects.

Hopefully - you'll do just fine.

Much luck to you.

Meki
  what does tx mean ?