A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.3k Members
173975 tn?1216261375

Pimples and mouth thrush

Pimples and mouth thrush.

Oh, I am just sooooooo stunning.

Please, anyone who's had either of these SX chime in!

Every week I get new and increasingly BIZARRE symptoms.  (Tonight is shot 34 of 72).

The sore red bump on the bridge of the nose near my left eye is, the NP says, either a pimple or an embedded follicle or something.  

Cracks on the corners of the lips are mouth thrush.

If this keeps up I definitely WON'T need a Halloween costume.   :(

Sounds lovely, doesn't it?

Wyntre
24 Responses
173975 tn?1216261375
i got ertaczo for the thrush.

are you serious about thalidomide?????

don't know WHAT to do about the PIMPLE (think large boil)

wyn
yep,,

http://www.badgerbalm.com/ ( I drive past this place once in awhile, neat little town)
http://www.bagbalm.net/
I heard nystatin is good for mouth thrush.  There's also been recommendations that thalidomide works well.  

Check them out.

Best wishes
dointime
I get the cracks on the corner of my mouth also...Been using Badger Balm and it helps bigtime..Have also used Bag Balm..
173975 tn?1216261375
are those OTC products?

wyn
173975 tn?1216261375
thanks.

i'll check it out.

wyn
217229 tn?1192766004
Thrush --- ACK...

During TX --- I had A thrush like coating all over the inside of my mouth --- closing off the back of throat area --- turned out to be Strep BAD BAD BAD...

So --- when they thought was thrush they gave me this antibacterial/antibiotic/icky nasty whatever concoction... It worked tho... Like a charm.

I'll go ask the doc to email me what it is in there - and I'll type it out...

Meki
I am absolutely serious about the thalidomide.  It is being used with good success for mouth ulcers.  Well, you say you have mouth thrush which might not be quite the same but I included it just in case.  One thing for sure is that you are not going to get pregnant while on tx, so that's the major contraindication out of the way.

http://www.aidsmap.com/en/docs/2F65D39C-FD59-4A3A-A8C9-8C2579EF960D.asp

dointime

217229 tn?1192766004
It's a swish and spit combo of:

Nystat/Eryth/Diphen sus
and it totally rocks.

Meki
186606 tn?1263513790
i have that magic mouthwash too. good stuff.
I always swished and SWALLOWED my Nystatin. It tastes great and fills you up too. And I believe that is the recommended way to take the stuff. Of course, I took mine straight with no other additives so maybe that explains the spitting part. Mike
220378 tn?1189759421
I used regular old salt water and my sores and red welts would come and go...today is my first day with no injection since last friday, and no copegus...lot less pills to take...having muscle twitches,and really tired and hungry...also bad headache...but I am sure it will get better...feels good to be done tx....one good thing I noticed is the heaviness in my chest is gone, I can breathe a deep breath and it feels wonderful...hang in there it does come and go ( the sxs) be patient with them even though they stink...hugs :) shelly
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.