Hepatitis C Community

Pimples and mouth thrush

Pimples and mouth thrush.

Oh, I am just sooooooo stunning.

Please, anyone who's had either of these SX chime in!

Every week I get new and increasingly BIZARRE symptoms.  (Tonight is shot 34 of 72).

The sore red bump on the bridge of the nose near my left eye is, the NP says, either a pimple or an embedded follicle or something.  

Cracks on the corners of the lips are mouth thrush.

If this keeps up I definitely WON'T need a Halloween costume.   :(

Sounds lovely, doesn't it?

Wyntre
i got ertaczo for the thrush.

are you serious about thalidomide?????

don't know WHAT to do about the PIMPLE (think large boil)

wyn
yep,,

http://www.badgerbalm.com/ ( I drive past this place once in awhile, neat little town)
http://www.bagbalm.net/
I heard nystatin is good for mouth thrush.  There's also been recommendations that thalidomide works well.  

Check them out.

Best wishes
dointime
I get the cracks on the corner of my mouth also...Been using Badger Balm and it helps bigtime..Have also used Bag Balm..
are those OTC products?

wyn
thanks.

i'll check it out.

wyn
Thrush --- ACK...

During TX --- I had A thrush like coating all over the inside of my mouth --- closing off the back of throat area --- turned out to be Strep BAD BAD BAD...

So --- when they thought was thrush they gave me this antibacterial/antibiotic/icky nasty whatever concoction... It worked tho... Like a charm.

I'll go ask the doc to email me what it is in there - and I'll type it out...

Meki
I am absolutely serious about the thalidomide.  It is being used with good success for mouth ulcers.  Well, you say you have mouth thrush which might not be quite the same but I included it just in case.  One thing for sure is that you are not going to get pregnant while on tx, so that's the major contraindication out of the way.

http://www.aidsmap.com/en/docs/2F65D39C-FD59-4A3A-A8C9-8C2579EF960D.asp

dointime

It's a swish and spit combo of:

Nystat/Eryth/Diphen sus
and it totally rocks.

Meki
i have that magic mouthwash too. good stuff.
I always swished and SWALLOWED my Nystatin. It tastes great and fills you up too. And I believe that is the recommended way to take the stuff. Of course, I took mine straight with no other additives so maybe that explains the spitting part. Mike
I used regular old salt water and my sores and red welts would come and go...today is my first day with no injection since last friday, and no copegus...lot less pills to take...having muscle twitches,and really tired and hungry...also bad headache...but I am sure it will get better...feels good to be done tx....one good thing I noticed is the heaviness in my chest is gone, I can breathe a deep breath and it feels wonderful...hang in there it does come and go ( the sxs) be patient with them even though they stink...hugs :) shelly