Hepatitis C Community

Please use this space for questions--- Hello old freinds!!! Imp. Question!!

Hi!!!!  For those OLD freinds of mine I MISSED YOU!!!!!! SHOT #38!!!!!!!!!! yEAH-- DOWNTHISROAD!!!! Are you O.K??! Galen-- Everyone???  How is everyone holding up? I've been to hell and back and it's almost over!!!!!! In a breif summary, these are the sympyoms that stick out the most:
         1.Weight loss
         2.Yucky loss of sexuall desire
         3.Incredible weakness- spurts of energy falls quickly
         4.CRAZY dreams
         5.Lack of creative ideas- lack of any motovation unless $$ is involved
         6.Terrible forgetfullness
         7.Terrible loss of self... Depression and Insane feelings...
         8.Stress of telling No one! Keeping this secret a secret!
         9.Being a woman.., I think I became much more emotinal! Periods very healthy though.
        10.Became aware of all irresponsibility around me and became an advocate for keeping one self healthy.-- Began to choose all healthy surroundings... AND people... For a little while at least.-- For me this was a stressful change...
      Well these are some things I experienced and I know MANY others did too.-- OH YEAH----------  I definetly OVERWORKED myself the whole time AND I still am! Gave myself NO pity!!!
           I've been changing jobs and moving around a little-- For those who know the story-- YES I'm still with the same guy but things have changed... A little--  How are you NEWGIRL?
           I messed up once and played with the devil that brought me to this hell in the first place... My imp. question is-- How long does Hep C live on a needle? Help- I'm out of room towrite
I forgot to add--- TERRIBLE MIGRAINES!!!!!!!!! TERRIBLE>>> TERRIBLE>>> TERRIBLE
I have heard that hep c can live up to 90 days. Someone correct me if I am wrong. And the sx. you are having sound like the ones I had. But I had to stop work after a little over 2 months of being on tx. I also had a bad cough, and lots of diaherra, I felt like I had been run over by a truck!!! I couldn't have felt worse. I am a bit past 2 months post 48wks of tx. Still feel bad, but not as bad. Hang in there you're almost there. Prayers to you, Cindee
IToo have alot of those sx. And the weird dreams!!!!!! My hubby laughs when I tell him some. I even had riba rage in one  of them. LOL
I too am moving along wk 28 and still clear, hope all are doing well as can be expected, just remember, 1 day at a time. Ive been working long hrs so have'nt been writing my fellow heppers but do still read others post when time allows, lots of new names.hang in there everyone.
Well I think I blew it!. 9/48 and doing OK so far. Yesterday I had a long day. Rode a bike for 90 min in the AM, took down all the christmas decorations mid day and went out at night. Walked around a boat show and had mexican food for dinner, Got to bed after 11:00 way late for me. This morning I went for a early run, got out 1/2 mile and walked back. Went home and went to bed till noon, felt crapy all day, slow, GI distress and more than usual brain fog. I guess I over did it yesterday and paid the price today. I think I will have some chicken soup and go to bed early!

Steve
welcome back, glad to hear you are still alive and kicking...not glad to hear you are still with that JERK. But its your life and you will decide what is best for you.  The virus life question:\
  According to the CDC, it is unknown how long HCV can survive on surfaces outside the body. No rigorous studies have been published on this subject. However, HCV is believed (no firm data, however) to have a similar survivability as hepatitis B (HBV) virus, which is a concern for up to 7 days in a protected environment.

To decontaminate a surface that may have HCV-contaminated blood on it, the CDC recommends using a solution made of one part household chlorine bleach to 10 parts water. Be sure to wear latex gloves and to discard them after cleaning.

that comment above was from  Ronald Baker PhD, he is publisher and editor in chief of HIV and Hepatitis.com

Add this comment:

Dr. Dieterich is Vice Chair and Chief Medical Officer Department of Medicine at The Mount Sinai Medical Center and an attending physician at New York University Tisch Hospital

"The virus does not return after being cured, period. If the PCR is negative 6 months after stopping therapy the chances are over 98%, if negative at a year 99.99%. Any recurrence after that time is because the individual performed another risky behavior and got infected again! You should not be sharing needles under any circumstances with anybody, cured or not! This represents a true cure and the liver goes back to normal, just like you were never infected. However that does not give you license to do risky behaviors! Stay safe!"

Take care and again, good to see you alive and making some changes!   OHC
wow...just THINKING about doing ONE of those activities made me tired.... LOL....There are some people that remain pretty active during tx....I am not one of them.  Don't feel bad if you find yourself slowing down a bit down the road. Good thoughts to you...Peace
Hey Girl, glad to hear you are still alive and fighting the dragon.  Tx sucks big time.  No one knows that better than those of us who have been there and back.  As to how long the virus lives on a needle, you know the answers to that question.  Did you share that needle and are you asking for yourself or did you share one with someone who wasn't infected?  If the later, you need to share that info and have that person tested.  Hard to do, yes.  Necessary, yes, no question.  Take care of you and everyone else, too.  This disease sucks big time and chancing on spreading it is worse.  If there is a chance of that, sooner is better.  When treated really early, the chances of chronic hcv is low.  Take care.
Galen
Morning everyone, I see a GI for the first time on the 19th. I hope to get a referral for a liver biopsy (which scare me). Does anyone know if there are any new treatments on the way since Pegasy? I'm tryin to be informed before I might need to start treatment. I was diagnosed in the past month with HCV probably had it for 20-25 years. Geno 1, V/L 2,250,000iu/ml and already on antidepressants. If I have minimal damage, I'm tryin to decide if I should wait for a newer treatment or start with Pegasy now? Anyone have some insight or suggestions?  
Thanks and be well, Annette
I've read that they are working on the next new med for us but it is still a few years away.  Pegasys is only about a year old and I hope everyone does well on it, me included.  Godd luck to you.
Chevy, have you had a biopsy?  I'm the same genotype and am at almost the same juncture as you are.  First hepatologist appt tomorrow, though I've had the ultrasound (looked fine) and battery of blood tests - maybe we can go through this together!