Hepatitis C Community

Possible exposure to Hepatitis C?

I work in a lab and handle blood samples on a daily basis.  Last week, I put on a labcoat and realized that there's a dried, somewhat crusted stain from inside the coat, most likely blood.  I changed the coat, took a picture of the stain, and informed my supervisor.  She said that labcoats always get cleaned and sterilized on a regular basis, but I felt like that was more of an automated answer.  She offered to look into it for me regardless.

When I got home, started to panic and threw my shirt in the washer, along with my sheets (when I took off my shirt at home, I left it on my bed) in hot water.  I'm up to date with my A & B vaccines, but I'm deathly afraid of getting Hepatitic C, considering it can remain on surfaces for up to a few weeks.  I'm also afraid of using the washer/dryer now.

Here is a link of the stain on my labcoat:  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3LwIWHK_EEnN2dDbkRUZnp4U204NmpNNXlkRkNRc3RmcXE4/view?usp=sharing

So here are my questions:

What are my chances of getting Hep C from what I described from above?

Based on the exposure, should I get tested after the window period?

Was it too much washing my shirt and sheets with hot water?  Would my washer/dryer, bed, sheets, etc. be contaminated?

Am I worrying too much?

Thank you in advance, this has been eating up at me the past week.

Non existent

No

Normal washing is adequate.

No

Am I worrying too much?

Yes

https://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/hcv/hcvfaq.htm#b1

How is HCV transmitted?

HCV is transmitted primarily through large or repeated percutaneous (i.e., passage through the skin) exposures to infectious blood, such as

Injection drug use (currently the most common means of HCV transmission in the United States)
Receipt of donated blood, blood products, and organs (once a common means of transmission but now rare in the United States since blood screening became available in 1992)
Needlestick injuries in health care settings
Birth to an HCV-infected mother

HCV can also be spread infrequently through

Sex with an HCV-infected person (an inefficient means of transmission)
Sharing personal items contaminated with infectious blood, such as razors or toothbrushes (also inefficient vectors of transmission)
Other health care procedures that involve invasive procedures, such as injections (usually recognized in the context of outbreaks)