Hepatitis C Community

Rebatol increase?

My doctor wants to increase rebatol from 800 mg to 1000 mg a day because he see little change in red blood cells.  I am at week 16/48 and at week 12 viral load was non-detected. Has anyone ever heard of increasing dosage?  I get pretty sick every time I take the rebatol and am worried about increasing when it seems to working at 800 mg.  On the other hand will a higher dosage be better to clear this virus..  I'm a genotype 3a, stage 2 grade 2, with viral loads at the start 4,000,000.   Any help will be appreciated.  
If your red blood cell count will tolerated it, I don't see the harm in increasing to 1000mg, as it is the standard SOC for treatment.  There are studies that show that higher ribavirin dosages are associated with better odds of sSVR.

You said you were UND at week 12, but I'm guessing you weren't a rapid responder or UND at week 4?  

I just don't see a problem with doing this.  I am having to decrease from 1000mg by 200mg to 400mg per day (I'm trading off 800mg one day, 600mg the next) due to hemaglobing counts that keep going down between 7-8.  I have a lot going for me.  I was a rapid responder, I was UND at week 4 - but I am STILL nervous about having to go lower on my ribavirin)

This is just my opinion though.  Other people with more experience and time in here may disagree.
new words folks: sSVR and hemaglobing

LOL geez... I totally can't spell anymore
Curious why you're treating for 48 weeks instead of the standard 24 for geno 3's? Is this your first time treating or have you treated before.  If the latter, what happened and on what doses of meds -- non-response, relapse, etc? Any other negative pre-tx predictors such as  fatty liver, overweight, afro american race

-- Jim
Forgot to ask if you tested viral load prior to week 12, and if so, what were the results.
tolerated

I'm going to write a new hepc dictionary
the entire 12 weeks issue, I think, may be the reason her doctor wants to increase