Hepatitis C Community

Red spots...

Hi I was wondering if anyone has experienced any red spots that look like red beauty marks.  They are not raised or sore  or anything.  I noticed them on my stomach and chest and maybe a few on my back.  They are small like penmark sized little red dots.  I read that sometimes this is a sign of liver damage...help.  I am not on meds yet.  I am waiting to see specialist on wed the 10th for the first time to see what we are going to do.  

female
3a vl 450,000.

Thank you
Do the spots look like spiders, about the size of a dime, turn white when you press them, under the skin not raised? If yes, could be spider nevi. May also be know as angioma.  Usually occur upper chest, back, sometimes on face.
I have those dots too.  I don't know what they are and they don't bother me.  They are tiny red dots that you wouldn't even know were there unless you were looking.

I'm a 3a 32 yr female stage 1 grade 1 infected almost 5 years diagnosed sept 05.  

when I was first diagnosed I drove myself crazy with every cough, itch, bowel movement everything.  I was sure I was dying and didn't know it.  It is such a shock to find out you've been diagnosed with this crappy disease that we tend to drive ourselves crazy.  I know I did.  Or wait maybe I already was crazy and just realized....hmmmm something for me to think about.

: )

deb in az
You just described most of us:)
you mean you worried about your hooopdukes too? (hoopdukes = bowel movement) hahahahahaha....maybe you are just as crazy as me.  

deb in az
I'm holding up fine, even with a HGB of 7.3 but will have the transfusion the beginning of next week.  Then that will see me to the end of tx.  How are you feeling?  Hope better then the beginning of the week.

BEAGLE
I saw it move one time and fight the current like a salmon - scared me. Ha! Dale
Well good then. I'm getting by but this fever is really starting to wear at me. Wake up all through the night sweating form it. Wife abandoned me for sanity in another room ha! I have my 24 week appointment with Hemo Tuesday so I hope all is going well. Not sure what he will be able to tell me since they haven't wanted blood in two weeks. I guess he will study my complexion ha! hang in there you're so close. Dale
Yes, Mishelli, I have those tiny little red spots too but I cannot tell you what they are.  I had a couple pre treatment, but more seem to pop up since I have been treating - mostly in the chest and stomache area.  They don't seem to be a problem, and definitely are not spider like - just little pin points like you described.  I don't have much liver damage (stage 1, grade 1) and am not sure if they are liver-related.

I am friole, 1a pretreatment 1.52 million IU/vL and will do shot #43 tonight.  Don't think we have met, so welcome to the forum from me.
Thank you both for responding.  Nice to meet you and thanks for welcoming me.  They are def not spider like.  They are pin point and red.  I will just wait to see what the doctor says.  Every little thing that pops up freaks me out..I think I am making myself crazy.  Good luck to you both and talk to you soon. :)
Beagle:
Did you make a decision on whether to do the transfusion or not? How are the counts holding up? More importantly are you still feeling pretty good? Dale
I have those dots all over my stomach as well, I've had them for the 6 or 8 months. The only way they affected me was not to go into a hot spring ( didn't want to scare everyone out of the water )
I still get the fever off and on, and the sweating at night wears me down too.
What was your HGB 2 weeks ago?

BEAGLE