Research supported antifibrotics - do they exist?

The problems of treatment failure for SOC/IFN nonresponders and the possibility of reducing future supercombo-SVRchances by introducing archived resistance mutations when using "Pseudomonotherapy" - (that is here defined as using  a single  antiviral agent that is not protected against resistance development by its combo with an IFN/riba component (IFN by definition in this scenario is not sufficiently effective in reducing viral replication so that all the burden to tame the adaptive quasispecies evolution falls on the antiviral)) together with the 61% and 65% SVR rates for the latest triple modality in Geno 1s, have raised concern and the awareness for the need for alternate/additional treatment modalities in many HCV patients and their health care providers. Waiting for future antiviral developments is one route frequently recommended, but for the patients  in current need, our repertoire of additional meaningful approaches needs to be carefully reevaluated. Using antifibrotics to halt fibrosis progression is one concept not proven in large trials but it might well be effective in many, because the mechanisms for fibrosis generation are not intrinsically linked to HCV persistence, but rather to secondary response mechanisms evoked in the chronically inflamed liver, with the stellate cell activation holding center stage in this scenario. The following is one of several possible add on modalities.
Whrose - do you have a financial interest the mentioned compound
----------------------------------------------------------

Like CS, I also can’t believe you asked that question!

Pick a Biochemistry book, or just Google and you will see the significance of these lipoproteins/ fatty acids/ etc. for healthy metabolism of every human being.  And of course, people with compromised liver function need more purified, easily absorbable form of all nutrients.

HR used his valuable time to help and educate us!  Oh, and you are -- oh -- I'm speechless.

HR, Thank you very - very much for all your help!!!

All the best, always!!
What is PPC made from?
HR,

Thank you very much for helping us!!!

I compared "Hepatopro" Supplemental content of 900 mg of PolyenylPhosphatidilCholine (or Polyunsuturated Phosphatidilcholine):

Total Fat  0.8 Gm
Saturated Fat  0.06 Gm
Polyunsaturated Fat  0.19 Gm  
Monounsaturated Fat  0.59 Gm
(for some reason the sum of unsaturated and saturated fats doesn't adds up, but this is not important).

The formulation above consists of 190 mg of Polyunsaturated fats or  approx. 21% of the total 900 mg softgel.

I found another product which claims that its 900mg of PPC consists of "up" to 70% of Polyunsaturated fats.  http://nutrasalpharmaceuticals.stores.yahoo.net/phoschol9001.html

I don't like the "up" word, but do you think this (2nd) product is more "polyunsaturated" so to say? :-)

As always, you are great!

Thanks a LOT!!

HR - Thanks for your contributions - you are improving the lots of many people here.....

Talahassee - That formulation's on my radar screen too. I notice the investigatory trials they cite  don't mention the polyunsatoration ascect at all. I've email the merchant a question about that -  I'll post any response.

But here's a bonehead question: What's the significance of the polyunsaturated?

spare me your lecture. i really am not interested.
my question was not defensive but honest.
your response was chastising and self reflective.

HR. to be clear. i join in the chorus with everone here and am grateful for your generous time and kindness. thank you and please i hope you are not offended by my questions.
if i could i would pay for conversations like you have presented.  thanks always.
Quote: "Pick a Biochemistry book, or just Google and you will see the significance of these lipoproteins/ fattyacids/ etc. for healthy metabolism of every human being."

Correct. Pick a Biochemistry book or just Google and you will see the significance of water for healthy metabolism of every human being. Does water help against fibrosis progression?
I get impressed from hard facts only and nothing else. Good clinical trials, no opinions.

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community