Hepatitis C Community

Ribavirin Dosage

Am I  the only one on here taking 1,200 mgs of ribavirin, who is going thru Triple Tx?  I keep noticing people mentioning lower dosages.
   I have heard of smaller people taking less, and I am 5'9'', 160 pounds, but I think my Doctor is prescribing this same amount for most of the people in my home group, that I've talked to.
There is a ribavirin wt based dosing schedule in table 1 and 2, just follow the link

http://www.gene.com/gene/products/information/pegasys/pdf/copegus_pi.pdf
Your proper dose would be 1000 mg per day (2 morning 3 at night). If you're using the Pegintron Redipen for the IF injection your colour should probably be pink.
Unless I'm mistaken and triple tx dosing is different than SOC, dosage is weight based.
This is why different people take different amounts.
I weigh 210 and take 600 mg; original was 1200; reduced for hgb counts.
I am 5'7" with starting weight of 160lbs and I was kept at 1200mg/day throughout treatment. Kinda wished they would have lowered it with all the side effects I had, but didn't ask.
-BG - you could easily drop go 1000 based on the guidelines -- maybe you should since you have anemia

105kg (>231)          1400

I am actually a little overdosed at 1200 too, but would prefer to stay there if at all possible.  Right now my hgb has been under 10 for 3 weeks even with procrit, so my doctor may drop me down some.

jillybean -- looks like you could have dropped  to 1000 and be within the guidelines too

bean