Hepatitis C Community

Ribavirin kicking in

Does anyone feel the Ribavirin really hit them a few hours after they take it?  I wake up feeling decent but as soon as I take my first dose I'm feeling lower than a snakes nuts.  I feel my liver swell and my extremities get ice cold.  I'm conviced the interferon is a cakewalk by itself but the Ribavirin is the evil component to treatment. Any thoughts?
Your feet and hands get cold too?
Yes, Riba is definitely to blame for really bad sx look at what it does to our blood counts.  It's killing off so many good cells, all the way down to the hair follicles and their cells, thinning hair anyone ? haha  I've ben loosing hair since wk 9, when does it stop?
Mag
I throw in Riba as the SX culprit too. I don't notice much at all from the Inteferon shot but I think I've had every Riba side in the book--I just find the stuff generally very debilitating. I'm on week 47. Doc had wanted me to go to 60 weeks, but insurance denied extension (I'm a first time treater but I responded quite late in treatment.) I had pretty much talked myself into only a few more weeks, when lo and behold another month's worth of meds showed up on my doorstep today. Guess I'm going to go at least 52 weeks! Congrats to a few other folks I know are finishing up right about now--Fresnoborn I think? Who else? I've got my fingers crossed for SVR across the board (literally and figuratively.)
Also, can your liver swell from the ribavirin even if you are clear?
Good.  Another 4 weeks is a good thing.  I will do shot 49 tonight since my doctor okayed another 8 weeks for me.  Besides the prescription for the 8 weeks, he wrote me another for 4 weeks to replace the dose of pegasys that I left in the car and it ruined  Since  I will only need one of those, that leaves 3 left.  You can contact me at my screenname and it is at aoldotcom.  I think your VL at 12 weeks was higher than mine.  I was not comfortable, even though my vl was only 40 IU's at 12 weeks.  As a 1a, I think we need all the help we can get, and I wanted to do 36 weeks after clearing. WE DON'T WANT TO DO THIS AGAIN!
Kathy

forgot to mention -- Fresnoborn posted yesterday -- scroll down the threads -- and she is done.  Bless her heart, she lost 65 pounds.