Hepatitis C Community

Ribavirin

How long that ribavirin stay's in my system after doctor tells me my bloodwork came out good and i can get of that medizin.
Ribavirin has a longer half life than interferon.  The levels for both gradually come down to zero over time. It is a few weeks with interferon and a few months with ribavirin.
6 months.  That's why pregnancy is not recommended until 6 months after finishing treatment.  
Co,
Just so you know, that was Dr. Dieterich's statement.  I remember that being discussed and looked back on his forum.
The ribavirin doesn't stay in your body that long but the changes it wreaks on your reproductive system do.

What do you mean by "your bloodwork came out good" ?  Have you finished treatment which is usually 48 weeks for genotype 1's and 24 weeks for genotype 2's and 3's?

You take ribavirin daily until you finish your treatment, regardless of blood results, unless instructed otherwise by your doctor.

If on the other hand, you have already finished treatment -- it was unclear from your question -- then the ribavirn can stay in your system for up to six months although it should be pretty much out in a couple of months. Still, you will need two forms of birth control for six months after your last riba pill as riba can damage the featus.