Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

Ribavirin

Ok just blame it on being distracted! I usally take my ribavirin in the morning (at work) and at dinner (at home) I didn't realize it but I was one pill short (I take 6 a day) this morning at work.
Make it up at dinner or not or not is the quesiton.

Dare I ask the next question? Has anyone ever felt better while on treatment then before treatment. I know from what I read here a crazy quesiton.  But I would swear that I felt better on Saturday (finishing week 7 of tx) then I have in a long time. Now I know the amazing weather and having a chance to be out side working on my garden, very very slowly, might have had something to do with it.

anyway shot 8 tonight.
26 Responses
116701 tn?1210262764
Take the good when it comes your way. I've never felt as good as I did before treatment but I usually felt good all the time then. Too much energy then to not enough now.

Pop another pill in tonight it has killed me yet. I took six Friday morning (double dosed) and just skipped my nightly dose that night. If you are really concerned though call your doctor. Dale
that is very interesting! i am about to start tx. for years i have been suffering from chronic fatigue and it has been getting worse at the same time my liver inflamation has been getting worse and my viral count has been going up. now my doctor tells me there is a corelation between these three things. my fatigue has gotten so bad that i only work part time now. i am wondering if tx will make me feel worse or if the viral count goes down will i improve. what did you feel like befor tx? it sure is good to here positive things about tx
Don't want to over state it and like I said it may have been that spring got the best of me. But I felt pretty good Saturday and Sunday able to get everything on my list done and for the first time in a long time not overwhelmed by the world.

As to what I have felt like before treatment. Not great not terrible probably less energy then I would have liked but who knows what tha was from could have been hep c could have been diabites could have been working 24/7 getting divorced, find a a new gal,   buying a house oh and did I say working 24/7.

The main point, I think, of my post is tx does not always have to be hard. There can be some high points and like I have said before my side effects, to date, have been less then what I expected and that alone has made me joyous, I think I have stopped waiting for the other shoe to drop.
As long as you have a good serum level of Riba in your blood it won't be a big deal if you missed one, just try not to do it again and certainly NOT with the Interferon LOL.  Also don't double dose on it, I did once by accident and yuck.

I wish I felt better on tx.....I can't wait for it to be over and be cured and remember what it felt like to think! :)
I don't think I was ever to good at thinking anyway.
105924 tn?1217611549
So i am about to take shot #3 and i have had NO sides what so ever. I feel totally normal and have the same amount of energy as before i started treatment and i have not missed any work yet at all. We will see how long it last.... I am being so positive though everyday that i wake up and i am continuing to do my activities and stay with my everyday pattern. Seems to be working great for me. BUT, i also felt wonderful before i started treatment, so that could also play a loarge role in how i am feeling now.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.