Hepatitis C Community

Rx covered by medicaid

What hcv treatments r covered by wv Medicaid?
That is a big question.  It depends on you liver condition and on your genotype AND on what State you live in as all Medicaid programs are stat administered, to my understanding.

Do you have a diagnosis?  Have they tested for your Genotype?  Is your Dr a hepatologist, gastroenterologist or infectious disease specialist - in all three cases - one who has had lots of experience or training, or both, with hepc?

If your Dr meets that criteria then s/he shoulf be able to answer that question as he/she practices under the Medicaid rules, in your State.

If you have the above information, and feel comfortable posting it, someone here, from the same state might be able to give you more guidance.

BTW, welcome to the Forum!  It is a great place for answers.

Blessings,

Pat
I have an infectious disease doc.  Been diagnosed with chronic hcv.  Don't know genotype yet.
One step at a time.  Have you been tested for genotype yet?  Many people say use a hepa only, but I too, am treated by an IDS (Infectious Disease Specialist) who is so thorough, so knowledgeable, and keeps himself up to day on all studies and information, I wouldn't trade him for anyone!

What State do you live in?  Do you know much about their Medicaid program?

Pat
He tested me for genotype.  No results yet.  I have West Virginia medicaid
Get your labs and go from there. That will determine if you can get treatment. I have a Gastro doc who is tops in Hep C.