A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members
87972 tn?1322664839

SVR

I got a call from my doctor’s office this morning; they confirm that six months after completion of treatment, I remain HCV RNA negative… SVR!

54 year old Caucasian male
GT-1
Low viral load (~125,000 IU/mL)
Diabetes type 2
Grade 3, stage 3/4 fibrosis

Treated with Pegasys/riba for 56 weeks; slow initial viral response, so increased riba to 1800 mg/day. Relapsed within 30 days post treatment.

Treated again with Peg-Intron (~204 µg/week) and riba (2g/day) for 96 consecutive weeks. I completed treatment July 16, 2008.

I’d like to thank the forum for all the help over the last several years; this would have been a very difficult and confusing journey without this discussion group.

Good luck to everyone here; I hope you all eventually prevail,

Bill
80 Responses
96938 tn?1189803458
I've been waiting to hear your news. This is great. Onward!
288609 tn?1240100356
I am honored to bow before the dragon slayer extraordinaire! I am so happy for you what a wonderful hopeful day it is today! I have followed you for over a year and you have been so kind, helpful and honest all with a sense of humor. I am in tears right now for many good reasons and I salute you. You give us all hope. Yes we can. Sorry about the sidebar but I wish you all the happiness and robust health for many years to come.
Oh happy day!
Connie
87972 tn?1322664839
Thanks, FLGuy!
648439 tn?1225062462
Congratulations - what absolutely fantastic news.  Enjoy your days from now on!
congratulations you fought very hard wishing all the best you truly show it can be done
427265 tn?1444080036
FanTAstic news!!! You're an inspiration and a real help to those of us following in your footsteps..... hopefully on the road to SVR.

Big smile here........Congrats! Pam

Congratulations Bill! A well thought out and well deserved SVR!

Best regards,

Jim
412873 tn?1329178055
Congratulations,Bill!!!!  That was a hard-earned victory.  

And through it all, you have been here supporting us.....you're a Hepper Hero!!!!

Wishing you the best,

Isobella
I am absolutely thrilled to hear this great news! Man, you really worked to get here.
You have handled your very difficult struggle with grace and dignity and despite your situation you never hesitated to reach out to help another. I really respect you Bill. And I am so happy for you that I'm sort of in a daze.
Stay well my Friend.
Mike
Such wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. That was a long road but you got there.

I wish you the best.

MO
206807 tn?1331939784
Bill, You have been a Great Asset to this forum. Congratulations and Thanks, R. Glass.
238010 tn?1420409872
Fantastic!!!  I was waiting to hear this.  The Iron Man has prevailed!

Hope you are continuing to feel better post tx.

smaug

Hooray! How good is that! I am so happy for you! I am sitting here smiling at my computer!

Hugs,
Za
What wonderful news, and so well deserved!  I'm absolutely thrilled for you.  You made my day.  Many thanks Bill, it was rough beyond words but you did it with style and grace.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  I'm putting on my dancing shoes and raising a glass to toast your excellent health and long life.  Root beers for the house and let the happy dancing begin!

jd
Congratulations on finally making it to SVR it has been a long haul so baste in the moment before starting the long forgotten list, you know the one top draw left side, lol

jasper
548668 tn?1394190822
I'm so thrilled to get this update from you.  You've been a personal inspiration and reminded me not to grumble or feel sorry for myself.

Big congratulations and I hope you're enjoying the relief and mental relaxation;  so incredibly well deserved.
Congratulations Bill.  You made it and echo what Mike said.  You are a true man of character.  Have a wonderful, healthy life.
Trin
Well hot damn!!! Congratulations Bill, you have set a standard that many can look up to..
Pro
(don't forget to update the 72 weeker thread..;^))
276730 tn?1327966546
So SO happy for you ! I wish you all you wish for yourself and more!!!
SVR!! What BEAUTIFUL words.

Congratulations!

Charm27
388154 tn?1306365291
You came , you saw, you conquered !!!!

You came here to forum, you saw our pain difficultis and heartache, allthough you had  your own.
And youvé conqured many a heart.

I´m touched deep inside of this awesome news.
Love you man.

Jan.

I also echo what MikeS said, you are a kind man, a gentleman!  

Now heres a WOOOOHOOOOO and a congrats!   So happy for you, so very happy for you!  Smiling huge here!

Deb
way to go bill. you will always be in my heart. you are a kind and helpful pioneer. dont steer to far . we love.
This sure gives all of people new to tx,  the faith and courage to believe and know were doing the right thing , no matter how sick we may become.  In the end to SVR like you did, will make all the hardships we endure so very worth it.

Congratulations!
547836 tn?1302836432
That's WONDERFUL news Bill!  Congrats and best wishes to you and yours!
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.