Hepatitis C Community

SVR

I got a call from my doctor’s office this morning; they confirm that six months after completion of treatment, I remain HCV RNA negative… SVR!

54 year old Caucasian male
GT-1
Low viral load (~125,000 IU/mL)
Diabetes type 2
Grade 3, stage 3/4 fibrosis

Treated with Pegasys/riba for 56 weeks; slow initial viral response, so increased riba to 1800 mg/day. Relapsed within 30 days post treatment.

Treated again with Peg-Intron (~204 µg/week) and riba (2g/day) for 96 consecutive weeks. I completed treatment July 16, 2008.

I’d like to thank the forum for all the help over the last several years; this would have been a very difficult and confusing journey without this discussion group.

Good luck to everyone here; I hope you all eventually prevail,

Bill
I've been waiting to hear your news. This is great. Onward!
I am honored to bow before the dragon slayer extraordinaire! I am so happy for you what a wonderful hopeful day it is today! I have followed you for over a year and you have been so kind, helpful and honest all with a sense of humor. I am in tears right now for many good reasons and I salute you. You give us all hope. Yes we can. Sorry about the sidebar but I wish you all the happiness and robust health for many years to come.
Oh happy day!
Connie
Thanks, FLGuy!
Congratulations - what absolutely fantastic news.  Enjoy your days from now on!
congratulations you fought very hard wishing all the best you truly show it can be done
FanTAstic news!!! You're an inspiration and a real help to those of us following in your footsteps..... hopefully on the road to SVR.

Big smile here........Congrats! Pam