Hepatitis C Community

SVR24 Platlets??

So I went on Harvoni for 12 weeks and reached SVR 12 last June.  Earlier this week I got my 24 week after EOT lab work results, and I'm still undetected at SVR24, so I'm feeling pretty psyched about that. All of my levels are normal except my platelets which are low at 133 which is outside of the range of 150 to 359. I've been told my platelets clump and sometimes the number may not be accurate, so this may or may not be an issue. One other test that was high was Lymphs (absolute) which was 3.4 and the range is 0.7 to 3.1. Anyone have any experience with either of these issues. I feel great by the way, and I hope everyone can get to this point.
My platelets were low end of normal 26 weeks eot---199. I was told that it takes a while for that to return to normal, and it is not abnormal for it to be low still.
Hey there! Congratulations on your SVR!  That is great news! Sandi is right, it takes a while for the platelets to come back up.  I finished tx in 2012 and up until August mine were close to your number.  This past August they were 185 and I was so happy.  I felt as if I was improving my health.  Good luck to you! Dee
Thanks for chiming in, I figure it's probably something like that where your system takes awhile to get where it's ultimately going to be.
My platelets have been around 80 to 90 range for a while now due to having cirrhosis for 8 years and the associated spleen enlargement due to portal hypertension which causes platelets to be sequestered boy the spleen. I made SVR 24 in October and am hoping maybe with time my platelet levels might improve.

I had my results come back as clumped a couple of times. I did not have any result just clumped. The lab said to let them know I have had problems with clumping previously I guess there is something they can do to help you get a result and prevent clumping.

I read somewhere that it is sometimes a problem with people who have low platelet counts that the clumping problem occurs.

Happy New Year all