Hepatitis C Community

Second time around for treament

I have hep C.. started treatment in 2009 did not work for me, ended in 2010. I am a restart and really hope the treatment works this time.

I also have RA with Hep C genotype 1A, and Autoimmune Hep C so I am told. Let me say I am on treatment for the hep c taking three meds. Victrilis, Interferon, and Ribavirin and these meds take you out of the game. Very strong and cannot be on meds for RA at this time. I feel very achey all of the time. I do not have answers on what to do other than take my meds for the next ten months.

Victrelis leaves an awful taste in my mouth food taste bitter and like the medication..

I am on Victrelis too and treating the second time..  I didn't think you could take the interferon when you had the auto immune hepatitis.  Are you being monitored pretty closely for that?  Was your autoimmune hep triggered by your first interferon treatment?  I know you treat the auto immune hep with steroids and you can't take those during tx for hep C so that may be an issue

How has your lab work been?  Have you had viral load tests yet -- at least the lead-in at 4 weeks?

frijole
pray and hope that this works for you this time around! keep the faith, pray without ceasing! you can do this I also will be starting for my and time around.
My doctor put me on the Incivek and six week viral load HCV not dectected..
The incivek leaves no taste but it is some tough stuff. Had to have a transfusion today
I am being monitored by weekly blood draws, the autoimmune hep c I found out I had in 07 before treatment started and no I cannot have steroids until the hep c is gone that is correct.