Hepatitis C Community

Side Effects

I am on week 21 of my ribavirin and peginterferon treatment.  I am probably experiencing every side effect this medicine can deliver.  Have had 2 transfusions within 4 weeks of each other and the second one only increased my cell count from 7.5 to 7.7.  I was given Procrit and was told that I may have to have this injection every week.  I am also experiencing sores and problems in my mouth.  The doctor says that this is also a side effect to the medicine.  I will do what I have to do to make it through the end, but I just would like to know if there are others in my area that may go to HepC meetings, if they even exist.  My family, friends, and boyfriend are 100% with me but unfortunately it is so hard for me to explain to them what I am going through, physically and emotionally.  Is there anyone that knows of meetings for this cause?

PJ
Wow, sorry to hear you’re having so many problems with treatment. If you tell us roughly where you live, someone might be able to suggest a support meeting close to you. You can also ask the local hospital or your treating physician bout meetings close by.

Hang in there, and good luck with the results—

Bill
I live in Henderson, Nv.
Try calling CPMC liver clinic and asking them if they’re aware of local HCV support groups:

(702) 796-9111

Sorry I couldn’t be more specific—

Bill
Thank you Bill.

PJ
Hi, PJ--

I sent a private message to an old member here that might be more familiar with the Southern Nevada support network; bookmark this post, and check back in th next day or two and see if she responds,

Bill
Thank you, again.  I really appreciate all the info I can get.

PJ