A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

Side Effects

Hi guys:
Well...after lots of soul searching I finally decided to try to "beat this beast" and took tx#3 on Friday.  I take the shot at work at noon figuring that by the time work is over If I am going to feel crummy I will have th week-end.  Tx#1 was a little tough chills, fever, sweating but nothing unbearable - Lasted about 10 hours.  So, I expected the same thing with the next tx - Lo and behold.....nothing - This tx#3 I took on Friday, again no sides just a little tired - Can I be doing the injection wrong? Or should I just be greatful that my body is cutting me a break? - I am taking the Pegasus alot with the 5 pills of Ribavirin. - Just went for labs (CBC) on Thursday - Any comments on your experiences would be helpful. I pray for us all...
45 Responses
I thought I was doing the injection wrong for a few weeks. I only had fatique for about a month. Then as the ribavirin built up in my system I had different sides. What I have discovered is that each day is different and it is difficult to anticipate what the sides will be. Just when I think I can't stand it another day, then I feel better. Are you taking the 5 pills of ribavirin all at once? It is my understanding that the ribavirin should be evenly divided between 2 doses and spaced about 12 hours apart in order to keep the level even in our system. I don't think it matters if you take a dose of ribavirin at the same time as the Pegasys. I am on week 43 of 48
God bless,
Barb
My first shot was the toughest and I also was surprised the next two were mild. I'm on 16 of 48 and it's gotten easier for me.That is, I have less fatigue and my thinking has cleared slightly.I would'nt even try to speculate on future sides though.
Good Luck!
Enjoy the good days. I'm so happy for you. I just did #5 Friday night. Still the same. Nothing to write home about it is still bearable. I have had two cry spells this last week. Only lasted one minute each time, just teary eyed. Don't know where that came from that was new. God Bless You

#5 is alive. I hope you all are OK today. just think we are now through the first month already. YaHooo
Thanks for the feedback - Yes, I was instructed to take the 5 pills of ribavirin all at once, was that wrong? - Well, I will just be grateful that the last 2 tx didn't create too much havoc aside from lack of energy and motivation.  Having others respond with their experiences certainly helps. Being as I live alone it gets a bit scary but "I Am Woman"  -----
Hey,
As far as I can tell, you should be taking Riba twice daily, probably 3 in the morning, 2 in the evening. My 2 cents...
Thanks again for the feedback - anyone else taking their Ribavirin 2x/day? - My instructions were 5 pills/day - Just at the same time each day.....
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.