Hepatitis C Community

Side effects after Incivek is over?

I am about to begin week 8. I was just curious to see if any of you have already wrapped up your 12 weeks of Incivek. If so, did your side effects get any better? Since I have to treat 48 weeks I have been counting down the days until the Incivek is over and hoping that things will get a little easier once this part is over. Thanks!
I'm in the middle of the 3rd week with Incivek triple therapy and am hoping someone responds soon to your post.  How bad have your side effects been?

Sherry
I am only on week 4 with Incevik, sides are still pretty bad
I didn't really to start to feel too bad until a couple of weeks ago maybe around week 4 or so. My platelets were at 33,000 and hgb at 10.8 almost two weeks ago so I think that may have caused the fatigue to kick in. I have the headaches if I don't get enough water, and lately I have had some nausea but ginger ale has really helped. I notice a lot of people talking about the weird taste in their mouth. I have noticed that too, so I was going to take someone's suggestion and get some sour hard candy and see if that helps. I mean any excuse to eat a piece of candy, right?! I am still working and running my kids around, so I can't complain too much but there are days when I feel like it is a forced effort to even breathe! I have my labs checked again soon and hope the numbers improve and some of the side effects taper off. I think we are all hoping the first 12 weeks are the worst. Counting those days down until the Incivek is over has been my saving grace! It is also so nice to know I am not the only one going through this.
im in week 16 of incivek trial...when i stop the inc at 12 weeks  i felt sooooooooooooooo much better!!!
That's great to here Jay, on goin on shot 8 this weekend counting down to week twelve. Joe
Yay! I hoped someone would tell me they felt better afterwards. I am glad to hear you got some relief Jay. I hope we all start feeling at least a little better when we are done with week 12.

Joe,

It seems like we are on the same schedule (I take shot 8 tomorrow) what are your latest platelet and hgb levels?
I am getting ready to start week 17 and Yes, I feel much better since stopping incivek!  Not normal, just better.
i'm in the middle of 8...the rash gets a little worse everyday...tonight even after taking benydril i'm back awake itching...if i can make it two more weeks i'll be happy....billy
I just got a CBC done last Wednesday but havent talked to anyone about results yet. My 4 week was und and all levels were good. I think my hgb might be dropping because I'm feeling a little more run down each day. At first it was only right after the shot now it's going on for three or four days after the shot. Joe
Billy. so far I don't have the dreaded rash thank goodness! However this week I have woke up every morning looking like Robert Pattison with dried blood all over my mouth and pillow from my bleeding gums.

Joe, I hope your numbers are good. I get winded pretty easily. I was running before I started treatment but I had to stop because I sounded like an asthmatic oompa loompa.
So glad to hear the sides get easier! Gives us all something to look forward to.  5 more weeks here.
taccs4 n billy. I'm there. Itchy and.. okay this would be funny if it weren't gross. I ate a boiled egg n a banana n had blood all over em. gross. Ate it anyway. No more bananas in my lunch sack...  Karen :)
Really glad to hear that you feel better after stopping the Incivek, I start tx tomorrow.  When I was on a triple therapy it did help when I stopped the 3rd drug and just took the peg and riba.  In my case no rescue drugs were allowed so that did not help.
I am rooting for all of you
Dee