Sofosbuvir (Sovaldi) and Interferon

Hi all

My husband has chronic hep C, geno 1b and is in his 6th week of using Interferon/Ribavirin/Simeprevir and he's feeling lousy.  Has anyone ever used this combination in conjunction with Sofosbuvir (Sovaldi) and if so did you need any other supporting drugs?

His (GP) treating doctor isn't much help and says he can't give him a prescription for Sovaldi because it's not available in Australia, but I see I can get it from India but I need to know whether I need to order any other drug eg: Ledipisvar or DacIatasvir as well.  

I just need to find a doctor who will prescribe it. The liver clinic is also unhelpful, they just want to keep him on interferon so not sure how we go about finding out exactly what drug combination he could be taking. Thanks.
Go to the fixhepc.com website. You will find a solution to your problem there.
Thanks very much Alsdad, I'll try that.

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community