Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

Sofosibir, Olysio, Ribavirin Treatment

Is there a Forum for people being treated with the new anit-virals plus ribavirin for post-liver transplant patients with recurrent HepC?
1 Responses
446474 tn?1446351282
Hi and welcome.

Since the doctor moderated Liver Transplant forum has stopped accepting questions this is probably the best forum to post about issues related to hepatitis C and its treatment.

As far as pre/post transplant issues (immunosuppressant, transplant complications, life after transplant issues, etc) I would recommend the delphiforums forum "liver failure support group". Members there are pre and post liver transplant and we all have experience with advanced liver disease and its complications, liver cancer, transplant and post transplant issues. Of course many of us have had hepatitis C so there are discussions regarding hep C and its treatment pre and post transplant with the context of advanced liver disease or post transplantation taken into consideration as well.

Please realize that most people on this forum luckily have not ever had End_stage Liver Disease (ESLD), liver cancer (HCC) or ever needed a liver transplant to remain alive. Hopefully all those who are treating or soon to be treating will soon be cured and whatever liver injury they have sustained will soon be reversed so they can continue to live healthy and normal lives.

We are in a different boat so to speak, when it comes to treating our recurrent hep C infection while we are immunosuppressed and may have other concurrent continuing health issues related to our past liver disease.

This is a great place to see and communicate with others about hepatitis C and their experiences living with it and treating it. There are even some folks in trials for potential future treatments which target certain populations of patients. You will be sure to learn a lot about hepatitis C here.

I am 9 months post transplant for liver cancer (HCC) and will be starting Sovaldi, Olysio and ribavirin on August 28th as my 3 attempts at curing my hepatitis C. Right now I am finishing 9 months of treating my tuberculosis with a drug that can not be taken with Sovaldi. I was one of the first 61 cirrhotics ever to treat with Sovaldi 2 years ago when I was in the trial that got FDA approval for the treatment of folks with liver cancer awaiting liver transplant with Sovaldi. Then called GS-7977. That trial was up to 48 weeks of Sovaldi + ribavirin treatment. Its purpose was to learn if transplant patients could safely treat there hep C with class A cirrhosis until the day of their transplant and not have recurring hep C post transplant. 64% of the people in our trial didn't experience recurring hep C after transplant. I ended treating for all 48 weeks but was unable to get a transplant in time before the virus can back one month after being undetectable for over 47 weeks.

Hopefully the 3rd time may be the charm...

Be well.

Hector
Liver Transplant @ UCSF November 16, 2013
44 years of infection with hepatitis genotype 1b
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.