Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.3k Members

Sores in the corners of my lips, burning mouth, white/pinkesh,red spots on palate, swollen gums

Moved to new place Sept. 4th, started getting a sore in corner of left side of lip, then burning mouth, white patchy tongue and palate, it cleared up a little once; but is back and now the right corner of my lip is sore and peeling.....I did figure out that our chlorine level was high here 1.87 ppm one day, and then 1.80 ppm the following day.  Burning eyes, red eyes, my throat closes off sometimes also.  I have been to urgent care twice, the ER once, Family Physician once.  Cannot figure it out?  Any ideas?  I am beginning to wonder if I will have a mouth come morning..............
4 Responses
233616 tn?1312790796
you may have lichen planus of the mouth. Mine was brought on by tx.Chemo often causes it.
get to a good dentist soon as there is help and releif for this.
254544 tn?1310779332
Sonya,

I had serious cracking at the corner of lips when I did round 1 of treatment.  I'm getting ready to start round 2 on Sunday and dread getting those cracks back.  A fella on another board recommended Biotene Oral Balance Dry Mouth Moisturizing Gel.  He said it runs about $8.00 a tube and that the packaging specifically says that it's good for people on chemo and radiation.  Heck, I'm gonna give it shot, during round 2.  

Mouse
173975 tn?1216261375
Cracked corners of the lips has plagued me for the past year.

The only thing I found that keeps it under control is a prescription ointment called ertaczo.  The cracks used to extend from the mouth about an inch diagonally to my chin.  They hurt like heck when I smile, eat, even speak unless I'm using the ertaczo.

I haven't had inner mouth problems (yet) but Ia lot of people here seem to swear by "Magic Mouth Wash."

wyntre
Thank you for your advise on the perscription meds for cracked lip corners. Mine have been cracked for the past 2-1/2 years. My doctor told me to use blistex and other. That does not work at all. I asked my pharmacist and he said b-complex would work. I've been taking the b-complex for two months. They seem to try to heal and just keep cracking again. Isn't it frustrating. I will ask him for ERTACZO.

Thank you,

Helen
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.