Hepatitis C Community

Starting Sofosbuvir GS 5885

Hi, I tried Teleprevir last year and failed. The Institute called me last week to see if I wanted to be in this new study for Sofosbuvir GS 5885. I have not been able to get much info on the net except from the Drug Co.
They have one slot open and I need to be there tomorrow for my bloodwork and EKG. Is there anyone on Med Help that is in this trial or anyone with any info that would help me make this decision. I was so dis-hearted when I could not stay in the Teleprevir study. It is Phase 3, either 12 or 24 weeks and either with or w/o Riba.  It starts next week. Thanks for any info. Reen
You can read all of our posts of our experience with Sofosbuvir and other drugs here.....http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/GS7977-Study-Patients-Here/show/1769198#post_8676147

This is THE trial to be in. This treatment, that if all goes well, with be the standard treatment for genotypes 1  2 or 3 years from now. To have the opportunity now, many infected people only wish they could be screened to get into this trial.

Once you do this treatment you will be happy you stopped the peg-INF + Ribavirin + Incivek. The side effects are minimal in comparison for the vast majority of us and you will be undetectable in a few weeks after starting the trial.

I am in a Sofosbuvir + Ribavirin trial on week 20 now and have been undetectable since week 2. I was a previous null-responder to interferon therapy.

Good luck with the screening!
Hector
Run and get in the car do not stop until you get to where your trail begins. Camp out to make sure you get in. You have just won the lottery and you don't even know it.
Absolutely!!!

;-)

Hector
You have struck gold! Go for it.
http://hepatitiscnewdrugs.blogspot.com/2013/01/gileads-lead-nuc-sofosbuvir-anchoring.html
Sounds pretty amazing to me...

"Gilead today announced full data from one cohort of the ongoing Phase 2 ELECTRON study examining a 12-week course of all-oral therapy with sofosbuvir, GS-5885 and ribavirin (RBV) among genotype 1 HCV patients who had previously failed to respond to an interferon...or “null responders.”

... Today’s announcement confirms that all nine patients (9/9) in this cohort achieved SVR4. "

http://hcvadvocate.blogspot.ca/search?q=sofosbuvir+results

Looks like you got your answer. Good luck.
C