A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members
233616 tn?1312790796

Thanksgiving thoughts

Gonna post his on both sides of the board, rules or no rules

It’s Thankgiving so here goes:

I thank God there’s a cure for this disease that at Least half the people reading these words will experience, and for the people who help make that possible.

I thank God that after a morning with diarrhea caused by antibiotics
that there was an antibiotic in the first place to get rid of my infection and ease unbearable pain!

I thank God that although traffic was a B, at least I HAD a car to get to my labs today.
Especially when I saw those getting off the 3 hr. long ( no stops to pee) handicapped bus as they shuffled into the clinic.

I thank God for this board/forum, that I knew enough to ask for ammonia check and PCR today even though it wasn’t the treatment protocol, asking for it made the difference.

I thank God that when I sat getting “Beechy” waiting 20 minutes for MY lab draw
that He showed me the person in front of me…..
whose blood they could not find to draw today
and who was an amputee….
I thank God that He forgave me my impatience, and corrected me.

I thank God that after crankily going across town in pain to get someone else a potty chair today…(like why should I being sick have to deal with the sick….).
.that at least I was reminded it wasn’t ME having need of the potty chair.
Like the gravedigger being thankful he's still shoveling I guess.

I thank God that when at days end either the day and/or chemo made me cranky with my hubby that he called me on it, and got cranky back. Like I should be the only one with things to gripe about and good excuses to do so?

I thank God that he’s a MAN, who afterwards also had the guts to apologize where he needed to.
Oh the beauty of that Grace being in any of us!!

I thank God,  that there’s a guy coming tomorrow at 800 Am with a jackhammer to tear up concrete all day, so that I can have heat in my house again!!
(I probably won’t think to be thankful for this in tomorrow’s noise and dust, so this is thanks in advance dear Lord.)

I thank God that there’s family coming,
and warm plates of food,
and things that most of us cannot imagine doing without,
and yet many will have to this as in other winters.

I thank God I’m still here to give thanks.
I have trouble some days finding things to be thankful for...
but it's usually because I didn't take the time to look for them.
That’s all for now, it’s someone else’s turn.

Mary B
68 Responses
233616 tn?1312790796
opps.my typing didn't keep pace with my mental list....

I thank God for all the docs, and researchers, and drug companies, who do take this disease seriously and are trying to help cure it.

can't leave that one out.
BRAVO, BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANK GOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO TAKE THE TIME TO REMIND US OF EVERYTHING WE SHOUD BE THANKFUL FOR. CAT33
That was wonderful..I want to thank you & all for being there at one of the most troubling times of my life. It means so much.

Ann

Expressing thanks for antibiotic diarrhea makes this a very worthwhile thread which does indeed justify breaking the forum rules. That is so very touching and it is obvious you spent a lot of time on this. Mike
Very nice merry. I think you should also thank God that you are able to turn the other cheek and look the other way when someone follows you around on forum and constantly tries to annoy you. That truly is Gods grace in your life.

I'll try to turn the other cheek and say I thank God that someone I know hasn't choked on the silver spoon in his mouth yet.
173975 tn?1216261375
C'mon, Mike.

Don't you think you're being just a teensy bit too harsh?

I mean, it is Thanksgiving and while it's not a holiday I put much stock in a lot of people do and I think that should be respected.

I agree this post would have probably been better on the COmmunity Side, but can't we cut people some slack today?

Happy Thanksgiving to all and wishing everyone SVR.

wyntre
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.