Hello Everyone. This is my first post, so please bear with me if I've asked too much. I am a 60 year old female. I've had Hep C for 39 years since 1978 from a blood transfusion in 1978. Found out in
Firbrospect ll Test Result: F0-F1 mild fibrosis (NO cirrhosis)
Viral Load: Not sure exact, but very high.
ALT and AST: Range from 20-80
As far as how I’ve felt throughout the years, I’ve always had fatigue, but lately body and achy bones and brain fog. But I am 60 yrs old and those symptoms can be caused from that, menopause, etc. But then again the earlier years of fatigue could be from Hep C.
With that being said my doctor gave me the choice to treat or not to treat. So I decided to try to see if I'd get approved and I was! Approved for Harvoni, 12-week treatment I received Harvoni and will start treatment next Thursday, October 12, 2017. Now after reading and researching more in depth I am second guessing and having major anxiety and so scared!!! I have concerns and questions due to experiences I've read about from new and past patients who did treatment.
I’ll start with my Major question…..Should I do treatment with Stage 0-1 Mild Fibrosis,
In my research, one reason to wait would be because there are new treatments just approved (Maryvet and others), with shorter treatment time, high % cure rate. So one argument I see on people saying to wait, is because of the long term affects people are feeling with Harvoni, but as far as LONG term we won’t know what the long term effects of the newer drugs will be either! So that is one question and dilemma I’m having.
So I'm hoping I can get some of your experiences and opinions on this. I thank you all in advance from the bottom of my heart for any of you who will take the time to get back to me.
Dear Lord Bless You All!