Hepatitis C Community

Towel wiped scab then used to wipe my 15 month old babys mouth.

We have a patient with hep c in our home. His mom came over and washed his dried wound or almost dried wound and kept scrubbing it dry. Mins later she picked up my daughter and wiped her mouth with the exact same towel she used on his son. Im really worried.
Hep c requires blood to blood contact hep c infected blood must enter the blood stream on an uninflected person. However that being said people with hep c are advised to avoid sharing personal hygiene products like toothbrushes, fingernail clippers, and razors with others. So probably not the best practice to share a cleaning cloth between people. But I would worry too much hep c is not easily transmitted.
Thank u that makes me feel better. I was only so concerned because she was teething and the guy had some wounds not totally healed. Pedia saod not to.worry to much since there was no blood on the towel.
Here is a little more about what Hep C is and how it's spread, from MedHelp.org. This may help you understand better your roommate's condition and what you should and shouldn't share in the house.

http://www.medhelp.org/hepatitis-c/articles/What-Is-Hepatitis-C/2251