Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

Treatment and Arthritis

During treatment, my legs would ache.  I thought it was the medicine but they continue to hurt 8 months post treatment.  It rained today and now they are acting up again.  I think the medicine brought out some arthitis.  Has this happened to anybody else?
4 Responses
I have Kryo globulaniemia and hope that I spelled it right my GI sent out a blood test that took 2 -3 weeks and it came back positive I am not saying that is what you have and do not want to give advice but I was diagnosed with osteo arthritis before I went through tx and now I want to kick myself for letting the dr talk me into two knee surgeries never again will I go under the knife unless I am in a life or death situation and my Family has to give the ok, but they will not get it from me. You can ask your dr about the test just so you will have some idea what you are dealing with.
Thanks for the info.  I will check into it.
I believe its the inf that causes it i know my hips are acting up afterward so are my knees, my aunt did chemo for her breast cancer ,her knees were so bad afterward she is now having to have knee replacement surgery...
I have this month to go post 6 treatment and it is like I got struck by old age body aches and pains... everything is out of whack ... my joints hurt... possible osteoarthritis in the left foot  {read more recent response to post re neoropathy} my hand... tendonitis and myRt hand thumb of... twitches. Very bad problem with muscle aches and pains... not a problem during the 12 months...just mild pains except for the liver... that hurt, but no more. I want to hear from others who are having aches and pains post treatment.YIKES and who still have a problem with their memory.  What a let down it was to give myself the last shot and take the last Riv pills only to go into this 6 month phase of pain.  I had no idea this would happen. I moan when I go to get up out of a chair or the car. Unbelievable... However, when I see the Dr. this month and have the blood work done, I hope to share very good news with you. I will be anxious to hear what he has to say about my problems, feet, hands... joints and muscles etc.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.