Hepatitis C Community

Treatment and Arthritis

During treatment, my legs would ache.  I thought it was the medicine but they continue to hurt 8 months post treatment.  It rained today and now they are acting up again.  I think the medicine brought out some arthitis.  Has this happened to anybody else?
I have Kryo globulaniemia and hope that I spelled it right my GI sent out a blood test that took 2 -3 weeks and it came back positive I am not saying that is what you have and do not want to give advice but I was diagnosed with osteo arthritis before I went through tx and now I want to kick myself for letting the dr talk me into two knee surgeries never again will I go under the knife unless I am in a life or death situation and my Family has to give the ok, but they will not get it from me. You can ask your dr about the test just so you will have some idea what you are dealing with.
Thanks for the info.  I will check into it.
I believe its the inf that causes it i know my hips are acting up afterward so are my knees, my aunt did chemo for her breast cancer ,her knees were so bad afterward she is now having to have knee replacement surgery...
I have this month to go post 6 treatment and it is like I got struck by old age body aches and pains... everything is out of whack ... my joints hurt... possible osteoarthritis in the left foot  {read more recent response to post re neoropathy} my hand... tendonitis and myRt hand thumb of... twitches. Very bad problem with muscle aches and pains... not a problem during the 12 months...just mild pains except for the liver... that hurt, but no more. I want to hear from others who are having aches and pains post treatment.YIKES and who still have a problem with their memory.  What a let down it was to give myself the last shot and take the last Riv pills only to go into this 6 month phase of pain.  I had no idea this would happen. I moan when I go to get up out of a chair or the car. Unbelievable... However, when I see the Dr. this month and have the blood work done, I hope to share very good news with you. I will be anxious to hear what he has to say about my problems, feet, hands... joints and muscles etc.