Hepatitis C Community

Treatment assistance

You veterans may know the answer to this.  Back when I started last year, I remember that the drug company had an assistance program for patient's who couldn't afford the cost of the meds for combo therapy.  I need to find that program if it still exists.  Does anyone have the number to that program?  I believe it was through scherring plough, its for the Peg-intron combo therapy, not Pegasys.  Please let me asap as this is a desperate situation.  Thank you.
this is the number..

1 800 521 7157

Schering
Schering's Program is called Comittment to Care.  Try to access through www.pegintron.com. Lil
The Commitment to Care program is at http://www.hepatitisinnovations.com/about/resources/commit
Also Roche Hoffman has an Assistance program for Pegasys and Copegus.  I found the people at Commitment to Care to be very considerate and accomodating to those who they help. Good luck.
Schering's Commitment to Care provided all my meds free.  I saw my MD 7-8x total.  I didn't bx and treated all sx 'naturally' or w/otc's.  W/no insurance or any other assistance, it cost under $4000.  2b, 24yr transfused infection, cl@4wks, post 24wk tx, 1yr SVR.

Oh, I also smoked pot.  I'm in a med-marijuanna state and chose to exercise that option.

I now consider myself cured and living very well w/ESLD.
The program Roche has is called Pegassist and it's number is:877-734-2797. Janis7hepc.com has alot of info on financial aid and help in applying for  SS Disability. Joni
Hi, how much pot did you smoke?  Did it ever affect your liver test levels?  Did the pot make you feel better?
I cl so fast and my blood work was so normal before tx, the pot didn't affect any tests negatively.  After landing in ICU for 6 days, before dx of hep c, to just live I had to totally change things and did.  Eating correctly and taking the proper herbs and suppliments, exercise, meditation and eliminating all toxics environmentally.  These things kept and are keeping me alive.

I'm a pot smoker.  It helped and is helping me.  25% of Westeners (European, Canadian, etc) smoke pot and many states and countries recognize its medincinal benefits.

Those of us w/this mind set, find great releif of nausia, anxiety, depression, insomnia, etc. w/marijuanna use.

I still have ESLD (end stage liver disease) and honestly feel this is the least toxic of any other alternatives.  I still have many sx due to the ESLD, not the tx or hep c.
I figure that pot is an AD of choice.  It couldn't be any worse for you.  Do you take lipoic acid?  what about SAMe and NAC?  A nutritionist told me to take those, and also there is a trial going on right now with lipoic acid for HIV patients.  What exactly is ESLD?  I wish you well.
Sorry to add this but ....need some help please!

I took my 41st shot the other day and saw a hole in my vision and much nausha...

Told my doctor and now he wants to take me off treatment with only 8 shots left...

Any help desperately needed.

Sofla....