Hepatitis C Community

Treatment???

This is my first time writing but I need some serious advice ( serious that is too me). I have been reading other's questions and issues to get a feel of what the Hep C virus really is. I am so confused to what I need to do...

A little about myself...

VL 12K, liver biopsy stage 2 grade 2, I received the virus from a blood transfusion in 1990...My doctor's advice is to wait a year for the new drug but wants to leave the final call up to me because she said, my VL could possibly jump higher in the year waiting. My problem is I am achy all the time with headaches. I want to get this virus out of my system so I can be active again with my children and husband. I just dont want to start the current treatment and it doesnt work only to have to go through it again. What can I do to relieve the achiness and headaches...I was prescribed tramadol.  
I dont even call my doctor about my achiness and headaches because I feel there are so many other people who need their assistance more than I do with such a low VL,
Any advice...
what genotype are you?
I am genotype 1b
Are you sure the achiness and headaches are from the hep C?

Just asking because I was having a lot of achiness and it turnred out to be a vitamin D deficiency.
When I have mentioned the achiness to my doctor they never ask or said anything about a possible Vitamin D deficiency always that a side effect to Hep C. I will ask them to check me for that. Thanks.
My regular doctor never spotted it. I went to an endocrinologist and she's the one who figured it out.

What kind of doctor are you seeing?

BTW--I'm doing one of the "new meds" on a clinical trial. Also 1b. The statistics are against us when it comes to treating with the standard meds, so to me it made no sense to jump in until the odds were more in my favor. I wasn't having any symptoms with the hep C, though. Every time I thought--"ah, it's finally the hep C getting symptomatic", it would turn out to be something else.

The problem is, that if it *isn't* the hep C causing the achiness and headaches, treatment won't make  go away. And treatment could make you feel really bad for a whole year--or not, and even give you new problems--or not.

IMHO you want to get as many of the odds in your favor as you can before you start.
I'd recommend starting treatment. You have a low VL. You don't have an easy genotype to cure, but you don't know how well you will respond unless you begin treatment.