UND 8 weeks SVR odds?

Haven't posted for a while since finishing 63 weeks of tx, 12 weeks with R1626 Roche.  Going to have an 8 week post PCR next week after forgoing my EOT PCR, this being due to only getting EOT and 6 month PCR on free meds in Australia.  I decided to keep my pathology referral and do at 8 weeks to give me a better indication of SVR, hedging my bet so to speak.  What would my odds be if still und at 8 weeks, I know it is an odd PCR result in terms of usual testing but any idea on the correlation to SVR. Thanks P
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Apologies, out of practice.  Was UND at 5 weeks, 12 and 24 and my latter 48 weeks of tx after rolling over from roche trial 15 weeks and only getting 90mg of peg within trial.
Helpful - 0
HCA
Not enough data availble to answer.
I don't know the deatails ,but apparently R1626 has been terminated.
http://www.natap.org/2008/HCV/102108_01.htm
Helpful - 0
I think those of us who were on that study are well aware it was terminated.  We had our treatment stopped abruptly as a result.  We were all at varying stages of treatment at the time depending on when we started.  I was on strong antibiotics at the time they pulled me because my CD4 count had dropped dangerously low and it remained that way for awhile after treatment was discontinued.  I and others were fortunate to get SVR.  Others, not so much.  That's the risk of doing a Phase IIb trial.  How true this is across the board or not, I don't know...my trial nurse told me that, as a result of this trial, they now monitor lymphocytes and CD4 counts more closely for ALL patients on treatment because of this.  If it improved treatment procedures for people, I'm glad for at least that.  I got my SVR but I take little comfort from knowing others were not so fortunate.  Except for the fact that their treatment was non-standard and that it doesn't mean that SOC failed, only that the trial regimen they were on was not sufficient.

When I see people responding to those asking about trials with a blanket "trials are great! Drugs are free and you get good care!" without offering anything else, it propels me to respond with the risky side of going into a trial.  
Helpful - 0
How great to see your name up there.  I hope you're recovering well!!

I don't know if there's any data on an 8 week EOT PCR.  So I'll offer up a thought instead...it's partway between a 4 week and a 12 week EOT PCR and if you're still UND at 12 weeks then you're well on track.  That's as good as it gets from me, I'm afraid and I hope you get better responses to that, IF possible.

Is your next PCR your 6 month EOT PCR then?  

If you only get two, Emi.....I would consider holding off the 8 week one until 12 weeks.  You'd have a much better indication of where you're at than doing one at 8 weeks and then at 6 months.  Just something to think about.  Lots of studies on the 12 week PCRs and you'd have alot of data to fall back on to give you an idea of where you're at.  It's not home-free, but very close and it will make the final 12 weeks of waiting alot more carefree if you have a 12 week PCR that says UND.

Whatcha think?  

Stay well and happy, my friend.

Trish
Helpful - 0
  If you are UND at 8 weeks post TX then I would say your chances are 90%-95% for SVR. If the Virus is going to come back it usually does in a big way in the first 4 weeks after TX.

Godd luck to you

Bobby
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community