Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
80575 tn?1207132364

VX950 Photosensitivity

Does anyone have any data on how long the photosensitivity lasts with VX950?

While on Prove 3 the rash from hell started on my arms and moved all around my body.  After 3-4 weeks of heavy steroid cream use and staying out of the sun it became manageable.  For the rest of the summer I pretty much avoided direct sunlight, worn long sleeve UV pants, shirt and sunglasses and a Katherine Hepburn hat.

I stopped taking VX950 on July 26, 2007.  In June 2008 we're planning a vacation to a sunny beach spot with the family.

Any data or experiences from Prove 1 or Prove 2 people who have been off the drug for a while and back in the sun?

Thanks,

miked
3 Responses
I stopped vx950 at the end of March 2007.  In November 2007 I went to Mexico and the rash started back up.  It wasn't so bad but might have been if I hadn't had all my creams with me.  I don't know whether to blame the VX950 or blame the riba which I only stopped at the end of August 2007.

dointime  
201379 tn?1319991331
If you have stopped taking VX950, but are still taking Peg-interferon, the photosensitivity may be from the interferon.  I was wearing sunscreen and sat in a car, then broke out in hives.  Photosensitivity is well documented with PEG-interferon but I don't know if it last long after you stop dosing.
i took vx from last july till october (12 weeks) then additional 8 months of peg/riba. i think the riba made me most sensitive to the sun. that lasted about a month after discontinuing.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.