VX950 Photosensitivity

Does anyone have any data on how long the photosensitivity lasts with VX950?

While on Prove 3 the rash from hell started on my arms and moved all around my body.  After 3-4 weeks of heavy steroid cream use and staying out of the sun it became manageable.  For the rest of the summer I pretty much avoided direct sunlight, worn long sleeve UV pants, shirt and sunglasses and a Katherine Hepburn hat.

I stopped taking VX950 on July 26, 2007.  In June 2008 we're planning a vacation to a sunny beach spot with the family.

Any data or experiences from Prove 1 or Prove 2 people who have been off the drug for a while and back in the sun?

Thanks,

miked
I stopped vx950 at the end of March 2007.  In November 2007 I went to Mexico and the rash started back up.  It wasn't so bad but might have been if I hadn't had all my creams with me.  I don't know whether to blame the VX950 or blame the riba which I only stopped at the end of August 2007.

dointime  
If you have stopped taking VX950, but are still taking Peg-interferon, the photosensitivity may be from the interferon.  I was wearing sunscreen and sat in a car, then broke out in hives.  Photosensitivity is well documented with PEG-interferon but I don't know if it last long after you stop dosing.
i took vx from last july till october (12 weeks) then additional 8 months of peg/riba. i think the riba made me most sensitive to the sun. that lasted about a month after discontinuing.

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community