Hepatitis C Community

Viral Load

My baseline viral was 23 million back in Jan 2006,when i first started tx..i relapsed ..but i just got a new vl test last month and its 5 million...is this a good thing to have a lower load before i start my BOC tx...i wonder if it really make s a big difference if i SVR or not..i am just waiting now for the legal stuff to get finished ..my nurse say the trail is still a go...just a layer and govt issued as this is new to  Canada...i cant wait to start...i now weigh in at 195 lbs...i lost 20 lbs ...ill be 185 by Monday
Lawyer and govt issues i meat to say
im fadting on the lemonade master cleanse diet...im just gonna do 3 days
im fasting.....im sorry...i dony check my typing before i hit the send button...gotta be more patient
5 million is considered a "high" viral load but you have the same chances of reaching SVR at 5 million as you do if it were 23 million.  When you have a low pre-tx vl like 500,000 or below, your chances of SVR are better but most of us start off with a fairly high viral load.  Glad you're dropping the poundage Rock, but be careful and don't take all the nutrients out of your body with that cleanse just for a couple of extra pounds.  You know from before, you've got to sustain a good nutritional level to ward off the low blood demons.  I can't prove it, but when my blood tanked at around 8 weeks, I wasn't eating very well and had to force myself to eat -  and I mean I ate lots of good healthy foods.  Reds & whites came back up - hovering on the low side but haven't needed any rescues yet.  Of couse, I attribute that to the 2 toaster pastries in the morning and ice cream at night!!  Stay well -  eat well -  cleanse in moderation!!
Trin
A 'low' viral load is deisignated at below 400,000.
Your load is not 'fixed'.
It fluctuaies as you know.
You are fine in this respect,
If you get in the Boceprevir arm of the trial you will have a terrific chance of getting out of this thing once and for all!
This lemon master cleanse is very safe....its worth doing a googe on it....very interesing....i actually get high doin this fast....no need to do MJ....i havnt had her in almost 2 weeks now...and it sure feels good to feel lighter ...its like im floating