Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
179856 tn?1333547362

What Week UND and What Stage?

Interested now due to prior thread to find this out, in general on the forum (since our friends in here seem so much more real than "studies" do... :)

1. What stage were you at treatment start?

2. What week did you get to UND?

---
For me:
Stage 3
Week >12 <24
Extended to 72 SVR.

I thought maybe we could see for ourselves how it compares to be a stage 1 getting to UND and stage 3.
Do we ourselves have any insight into the whole 'more fibrosis means harder SVR' questions going around.

26 Responses
stage 2/3

Und week <4

jd
Stage 1

Undie at week 4

I take shot No. 11 tonight.
Stage 3
Und somewhere between 14 - 24 wks
Will extend 72 wks
276730 tn?1327962946
Stage 2 Grade 2
UND between week 5 and 7
Tonight is last shot....started tx 11/23/07
1A
144210 tn?1273088782
stage 4 compesated.
UND at week 5
179856 tn?1333547362
Interesting I can't wait to see the rest of them.......it will be fun to really chart out and see how much the 'studies' bear out or not!
Geno 1b
Sstage 2-3  Grade 2-3
UND at between week 6-8
Good idea. Can stage 4's get in on this also? Our own little study.

Maybe folks should post their age, whether viral load is/was high or low and where they are at weight-wise (BMI). And if they have cryo or any of the other stuff. Important factors as well (even with weight-based meds).

And do you mean only those folk that are doing/have done SOC? No trial peeps? Or should we all chime in? Sprint participants will do 4 weeks of SOC before the PI is added, so hopefully someone will RVR. I think we have folks at each stage in this trial.

How about where you are at with tolerating treatment also? Scale of 1-10 (one being no-sides, 10 the whole she-bang). I know that is a hard one because sides can fluctuate, but it would be interesting to see if it is easier to treat with less fibrosis.

Just too many variables to draw conclusions from. Gauf, for example, isn't treating with SOC if I remember correctly, while some are. He's also buying from the Vitamin shop in Container loads. And then there are factors such as sex, genotype, Lipid levels, BMI, age of infection, insulin resistance, etc, etc.

Anyway, I was somewhere around stage 3 three years prior to treatment. Almost a two-log drop at week 1. <600 at week 2 and <50 at week 3 if I remember correctly. Probably would have been <5 by week 4 but had to stop the riba for a week because of sfx. UND <5 at week 6. Double dosed Peg for 2-3 weeks and high-dose riba for a few weeks.

Perhaps more telling for those trying to make a decision might be a comparison RVR data for those treating without PIs (like Telaprevir) and those treating with PIs like Telaprevir. I think you will find dramatic differences here with many on Telaprevir going RVR within a week or 2 regardless of stage. That would certainly make me think about waiting if I had time to.

-- Jim

-- Jim
My age was 50, vl 6 million and my weight is nobody's business but my own!
I wonder if previous chemotherapy (5FU, oxyliplatin, Xeloda) and radiation played any part in my sudden, rapid onset of fibrosis.  Anyone ever hear of a connection?

jd
179856 tn?1333547362
My weight ain't nobody's concern either - I'm with you :)

I just thought it would be interesting in general to look at the info of everybody - of COURSE stage 4s too.....I'm not smart enough to figure out all of the variables but I think generally I 'assume' that trial people have really great numbers - it's easy enough to remember back to when they didn't have the opportunity.  

577132 tn?1314266526
Geno 3A

1st: TX G2 S2 no viral response after 24 weeks SOC

2nd: TX G2 S1 RVR @ 4 weeks, Viral Rebound @ 8 weeks, EVR @ 12 weeks

Note: 2nd tx I used R1728 in 28 day trial + SOC

Epi.
577132 tn?1314266526
Silly me, got that all wrong!  Try again:

Geno 3A

1st: TX G2/S2 No Viral Response after 24 weeks combo SOC

2nd: TX G2/S1 UND @ 4 weeks, Viral Rebound @ 8 weeks, UND @ 12 weeks

Note: 2nd tx I used R1728 in 28 day trial + combo SOC

Epi.

Genotype 1b
stage 1
und between wks  8 and 11

Jean

geno 1b stage1 97 no biopsy 2004 neg week between week 22 to 24 weight 164 relapsed 72 weeks neg from week 24 to 72 wife passed from cancer week 22 think that effected treatment in hindsite should have quit treatment
353701 tn?1249580864
Stage 2/2
UND week < 12
UND 6 weeks post tx
498948 tn?1253055841
Geno 1b  
stage 2
starting vl 9,450.000
und week 5

26 shots down -22 to go!
k
Geno 2b, stage 2, starting vl 5,000.000+, und wk.4, SVR for 15mo. female 50 yrs old , SOC.  
geno1a, stage 4 well compensated, starting vl 13,000,000, und wk 12, extended tx  96wks, SOC, svr over 2yrs.
87972 tn?1322661239
Grade 3, Stage 3/4; like sldb, I treated for 96 consecutive weeks; but with high dose Tx. HCV RNA negative 30 days post treatment… will have further info in February ’09.

I heartily agree with Jim; impossible to draw conclusions due to variables.

Bill
stage 3
und week 2
vl 283,000
soc+alinia
577132 tn?1314266526
96 weeks! I will keep that in mind on the days that I feel sorry for myself doing 48. Respect to both of you.

Epi
Yeah, shouldn't have asked that BMI question. I'm a fattie and it is one of the most embarrassing things for me (kept me from docs for years). I dont' know what I was thinking. Even for the healthy/fit people it is is no one's beeswax.

Anyway interesting info from from all who have posted, even if it is too complex an issue to draw any conclusions.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.