Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

What made you know you had Hep C

I recently contracted Chlamydia from a prostitute and IV user. I think my liver area is hurting, as there is a sharp pain in the area where my rib cage begins. At first I thought it was my kidney. It depends on how I move as to whether I feel it. I have not had any yellowing of my urine, skin or eyes. I have had the pain for about a month. My eyes do look increasingly blood shot. My stool is not pale or yellow. Did anyone here experience such situations when suspecting they may have Hep C? I know it is not suppose to be transmitted sexually, and I show immunity to Hep B, but I am assuming this may be Hep C.
5 Responses
901131 tn?1293744553
Your odds are very slim of picking up HCV, most of us didn't find out for decades usually from a routine blood test showing elevated enzymes or donating blood.
My hubby has had Hep C for 38 years, probably, with no symptoms other than increasing fatigue a bit over the past 6 yrs.
2059648 tn?1439766665
If you are questioning that you might have contracted Hepatitis C - get tested and you will know for sure.  Hepatitis C is transmitted by blood to blood contact.  Lots of people have Hepatitis C and don't know they have it.  Once again, get tested for Hepatitis C if your in question.  By what you have posted...you practice risky behavior and it would be to you benefit to get tested for Hepatitis C. Many times there are not symptoms.

Get Tested For Hepatitis C And Know If You Have It Or Not
2207631 tn?1369844823
sorry to hear that your in so much pain. i would go to the doctor and talk with him about my concerns and let him run all the test that need to be done. it could be anything, not just hep C. wish you all the best and please keep us posted..
  I never felt a thing, not during the acute phase, and not for the 20 some years afterwards, and this tends to be typical.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.