Hepatitis C Community

What’s on your Ribavirin Label?

I have been thinking about the Ribavirin we have been ingesting over the many months of treatment and Who has had the Brand products and Who has had the Generic brands?
I had taken the generic brand Zydus for the first 9 months of treatment which had changed from a capsule form to a pill form and the last 3 months with Sandoz in a pill form. It would be interesting to see who has been taking what over the course of treatment.

1. What is the Brand name or Generic name that you are now taking or have taken and are you UND or have a SVR?

2. Did you change products during the course of treatment, Manufactures, or Generic names?

jasper
forgot the third question.

Thanks!

jasper

3. Who has relapsed on what product?

Great that you’re done!

I did 2 TX first time(24w) relapsed but was clear on TX and one month post. The second TX 48 week clear on TX and now svr 1 ½ years.

They changed generic brand several time during tx capsule, pill form and colors. I don’t think I ever had the brand name riba at all.

Generic is just as good as the brand name do not worry about it. Generic vs brand name as been talked about for many years no one has found any difference.

Rock
On ribavirin label?

skull and crossbones.

During the course of treaments, several different manufacturers both pill and capsules.  All are equally crappy.
I'm taking Rebetol (Schering Plough).  I'm UND since week 4, maybe earlier.  No change of brand/manufacturer during tx.  I'm in week 40.
jd
ribavirin 200 mg tb ribasphere blue oval shaped pill
1. I'm on Ribavirin made by TEVA. little peach colored pill 200 mg each. I was UND at wk 4. Now at wk 10 of 24 for GT 2b.

2. No change to Riba product yet. (did change from PegIntron to Pegasys after wk 4 though)

3. Hoping I never have the chance to answer that question.