Hepatitis C Community

Why did my viral load drop and why does it hurt?

Ok here we go. I am 29 years old, I was diagnosed with Hep C about 3 years ago. I have geno type 1A. I was IV user and that is how I contracted it. I am currently sober and I intended to stay that way. My viral load has went from 1 million to 2 million and now to 75 thousand. Can someone explain to me why that is? Is my body fighting it off and can it cure itself or am I already past that stage? Because I know in the first 6 months of contraction you do have a possibility of your body fighting it off. Also I always have pain on my right side under my rib cage and right up under my breast, I have had ultrasound on liver and gallbladder and they say liver is inflamed and gallbladder is fine. I have had testing done on my gallbladder last march or may also and they said it was fine then also. I just don't know what to do. I am tired of being in pain and was curious if anyone else has this problem and what it could possibly be. I have never had a biopsy done on my liver bc of my levels being so low. I also have interstitial cystitis so I am always constantly in pain from that and getting surgery which is my treatments for that. I am at my wits end and just would like some feed back and kinda want to know that I am not alone. :/
"My viral load has went from 1 million to 2 million and now to 75 thousand. Can someone explain to me why that is?"

it is common for your viral load to fluctuate, if checked daily it would be different, your body is in a constant fight with the virus and some days it's up and some days it's down

"Is my body fighting it off and can it cure itself or am I already past that stage?"

You are already past that phase and are chronically infected.

Welcome to the group, you are far from being alone.

Have a great day
Sorry to hear of your pain. The previous poster is
right. In November, my husbands VL was 1.6 million but
last weeks test showed a viral load of only half a million.
It was redone only to get a baseline since he just started
a new treatment  for Hep C.

You need to see a hepatologist if you aren't already.
There are new meds available now that will cure you.

All the best
Nan