Hepatitis C Community

Would like opinions on whether to do Harvoni treatment or not???

Hep c since 1978. Genotype 1b, Stage 0-1 Fibrosis. Viral Load high. Question should I do treatment with Stage 0-1 Fibrosis or wait? Side Effects and Long Term Effects are the risks worth the reward?

Most people do not experience much in the way of side effects most commonly reported is mild headache.

I had hep c for 37 years and was diagnosed with cirrhosis after 30 years of infection after failing 3 treatments with interferon based regimes each of 6 months duration.

I was cured 2.5 years ago after treating with Harvoni for 24 weeks along with ribavirin for 15 of those weeks. Only symptom I had was some tiredness from the ribavirin induced anemia.

My suggestion is get treated and get cured that way you don't risk any additional liver damage or the possibility of developing other extrahepatic symptoms from hep c.

Also no longer having to be concerned every time you get a small cut worrying over the small risk of infecting those closest to us.

Personally I believe the risks of continue to carry the hep c virus are far greater than the risk of treating and curing your hep c.

Good luck
Thank You flyinlynn, I appreciate your response. :)
@flyinlinn, can i ask if you've had any long term effects from Harvoni?
Just being cured
I also treated for 12 weeks with Sovaldi and Olysio from March to June 2014 but relapsed 12 weeks later. I then treated again with Harvoni starting in Nov 2014 to May 2014. So all in all I had 36 weeks of exposure to the new DAA's.

Like I said no issues on treatment except the anemia from the ribavirin. Worked full time took a trip for work to Italy during my treatment. Nd feel fine no issues since I completed treatment.

My treatment was a  piece of cake, a walk in the park. Especially when compared to my 3 treatments with interferon.
That is so wonderful.  Thank You so much! And Congrats on being Hep C Free <3