Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

Zepatier

Hi everyone.  My ins. co. denied Harvoni, but will approve Zepatier. Does anyone have any comments on Zepatier?
Thank you.
I hope you are all doing well.
Pitter
5 Responses
Im doing zepatier and ribavirin currently.Didnt clear on 1st bloodwork and viral load went up on the 2nd one.But that's me,I am a non responder.Most people have had great success with this drug when doing the trials with it.
1 Comments
Wow , have you tried Harvoni?  My viral load is very high already , 9 million
Yes,I cleared on sovaldi -Olysio and also cleared on 24 weeks of harvoni.The only 2 times I ever cleared since starting treatments in the 80's.I relapsed both times as soon as I was finished with them.My doctor at the University of Pennsylvania believes my body has built up a resistance from all the treatments.
                                   Good Luck
408795 tn?1324935675
Zepatier is supposed to be a very good drug, if I was you I would start.  Its also almost half the cost of Harvoni.  Beats Viekira Pak to death IMO.  Supposedly has less sx's than Harvoni, who knows.  Check out the link.

http://www.fiercepharma.com/regulatory/updated-zepatier-beats-harvoni-sovaldi-hep-c-clinical-data-safety-showdown-advera-health
thank you fretboard. That is encouraging. My doc just appealed to  get my insurance to cover Harvoni. I will give this a little more time, then go for Zepiter
the only hinderance is that Zep is a larger pill than Harvoni, and I choke on pills.  Thanks for the  link also!!! How are you doing ? I remember you form a while back.
I am sorry to hear that , how are you  feeling?
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.