Hepatitis C Community

Zepatier

Hi everyone.  My ins. co. denied Harvoni, but will approve Zepatier. Does anyone have any comments on Zepatier?
Thank you.
I hope you are all doing well.
Pitter
Im doing zepatier and ribavirin currently.Didnt clear on 1st bloodwork and viral load went up on the 2nd one.But that's me,I am a non responder.Most people have had great success with this drug when doing the trials with it.
Wow , have you tried Harvoni?  My viral load is very high already , 9 million
Yes,I cleared on sovaldi -Olysio and also cleared on 24 weeks of harvoni.The only 2 times I ever cleared since starting treatments in the 80's.I relapsed both times as soon as I was finished with them.My doctor at the University of Pennsylvania believes my body has built up a resistance from all the treatments.
                                   Good Luck
Zepatier is supposed to be a very good drug, if I was you I would start.  Its also almost half the cost of Harvoni.  Beats Viekira Pak to death IMO.  Supposedly has less sx's than Harvoni, who knows.  Check out the link.

http://www.fiercepharma.com/regulatory/updated-zepatier-beats-harvoni-sovaldi-hep-c-clinical-data-safety-showdown-advera-health
thank you fretboard. That is encouraging. My doc just appealed to  get my insurance to cover Harvoni. I will give this a little more time, then go for Zepiter
the only hinderance is that Zep is a larger pill than Harvoni, and I choke on pills.  Thanks for the  link also!!! How are you doing ? I remember you form a while back.
I am sorry to hear that , how are you  feeling?